How do I go about selling Logos 4 Scholar's library? How much is it worth, and what if I misplaced my code?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Koby Krikac | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 18 2013 6:39 PM

I remember having a little red bar code that was mine when I bought it, is Logos 4 impossible to sell without it? Is there a way to retrieve it? And second, do I just offer a set price on ebay or amazon or another website and give the buyer a code? Not sure how to begin going about this. All your help would be wonderful!

Oh yea, how much is Logos 4 Scholars library worth? I remember buying it in the ball-park of around $400, perhaps a little more. (I got the student discount). Thanks guys!

Posts 9095
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2013 7:03 PM

Koby, you may not know it, but any Logos items purchased with the Academic discount cannot be transferred. You should call customer service to check your situation.

Logos will not work on anyone's computer without the license for it being transferred by Logos. To do this Logos must verify you are the owner and you must pay a $20 fee (per transaction, not per item) to have the license transferred. As I said, you may not qualify to have your license transferred. If that is the case no one who buys it from you could ever use it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2
Koby Krikac | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2013 9:56 PM

Hey Thank Pastor Mark! This is really helpful, thank you for taking the time to respond! I will check with customer service.

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:02 PM

Mark Smith:

Koby, you may not know it, but any Logos items purchased with the Academic discount cannot be transferred. You should call customer service to check your situation.

Logos will not work on anyone's computer without the license for it being transferred by Logos. To do this Logos must verify you are the owner and you must pay a $20 fee (per transaction, not per item) to have the license transferred. As I said, you may not qualify to have your license transferred. If that is the case no one who buys it from you could ever use it.

They might allow it to be transferred to someone else who is also eligible for the Academic discount. It's certainly worth checking into.

Posts 640
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:17 PM

In addition to the excellent comments, you may be able to pay the different and update it to a regular license. Keep in mind Logos is a business and not a ministry.

Posts 100
N/A | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 1 2013 7:09 AM

The base-package only is worth about $115 now. The CEO Bob has said that some exceptions might be made sometime in the future - that something purchased with an academic discount might sometimes be transferable:

Koby Krikac:
how much is Logos 4 Scholars library worth?

L2 Catholic new; Used: ODCC L5 Reformed Silver L6 Full Crossgrade; L6 Chinese Bronze new; L6 Ancient Literature Feature Expansion Collection (25 vols.) new, no dynamic pricing. Before packs had 100 books incl. AYBRL new

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 1 2013 10:23 AM

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to dispose of your Logos 4?  Are you dissatisfied with the program?  Do you need cash?  Are you wanting to upgrade to a higher level program?  Something else?  We might be able to offer more helpful suggestions if you are forthcoming.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS