Logos 4.0a is now available

Page 1 of 5 (86 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 85 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 4107
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Logos) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:30 PM

Logos 4.0a (v4.01.3.4533) is now available for download. If you have automatic updates turned on, it will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates. To install it right away, enter "update now" into the command box.

New Features

• Search Analysis grid in Bible and Morph searches (screenshot)
  • Bible Text Only visual filter (screenshot)
  • Ctrl+Alt+B opens Copy Bible Verses from any Windows application (if Logos 4 is running) (screenshot)
  • Help > Explain the screen (F9) (screenshot)
  • Index Merging reduces the time it takes to build a full library index when adding new books.
  • Redesign of the Cited By tool (screenshot)
  • Commentaries section in Bible-reference-based guides supports custom collections of commentaries (e.g., Favorite Commentaries) (screenshot)
  • Ctrl+H opens History
  • Added more Highlighting styles (screenshot)
  • Added hit counts to concordance results in Bible Word Study sections with a ring graph (screenshot)
  • New look for Topics and Important Words in Passage Guide (screenshot)
  • Home Page ribbon can be customized (screenshot)
  • Search: My Content shows results from saved guides
  • Added two new handout styles
  • Added new styles for the Ctrl+Drag distance calculation in Biblical Places maps
  • Added searching indicator to Reading Lists searches
  • Added Visual Bookmarks settings
  • Added Resource Panel Background settings
  • Added “rebuild index” command
  • Added “merge index” command to force index merging (when possible)
  • Added a “Copy” option to the context menu for the reading plan reference range selector
  • Improved performance in many areas of the application 

Major Bug Fixes

• Copy Bible Verses can copy multiple verses
  • Parallel resource navigation wraps around from the end of the list to the beginning
  • Explorer (previously “Bible Explorer”) remembers closed sections
  • Default font size is properly applied to new notes
  • OpenText clause analysis shows glossary tooltips for nodes
  • Bible Word Study guides are case-insensitive
  • Bibliographic citation in Clippings uses the default format from Program Settings
  • Fixed bugs in picking a single part of speech in the Morph Picker
  • Hebrew untransliteration supports standard punctuation (e.g., apostrophe for aleph)
  • Added “set custom chrome to no” command to work around problems with window resizing or black title bars

Posts 15612
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:35 PM

Bradley Grainger:

Logos 4.0a is now available for download. If you have automatic updates turned on, it will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates. To install it right away, enter "update now" into the command box. 

W00T! Congratulations, Logos, and thanks for the hard work!

Now on to 4.0b... Smile

Posts 331
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:38 PM

Mine is updating as we speak....thank you so much....

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone4 3G            Logos 5, Bronze v.5 (IH)

Posts 2987
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:39 PM

Yay! Thanks for all the hard work, & Merry Christmas!

Big Smile

The Grace & Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!
Pastor Bill, Faith Presbyterian Church

W8.1 64bit, Office 2010
i7, 2.40GHz, 1Gb graphics, 8Gb RAM, 7200rpm 750Gb-32Gb hybrid disk
HTC Incredible 2, Droid 2.3.4

Posts 492
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:51 PM

Downloaded, installed and appears to be working OK - all in about 5 minutes.  Cool!!!

Posts 1965
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:51 PM

Bradley, seeing as RC's aren't indicated as such in the "About Logos Bible Software" panel.

Could you please give us also the number - is 4.0a = 4.01.3.4533?

Posts 6612
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:53 PM

Yes Yes

Lots to like here, but folks will really be impressed with the Bible Search Analysis view. Nothing like this ever before in Logos.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 55
Glenn F | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:16 PM

Is this the true Christmas present from Logos?  If so then thanks a bunch and Merry Christmas.Gift

HP DV7-3085dx Laptop, Intel i7 @ 1.6 Ghz, 6 Gigs of DDR3 memory, GeForce 230M Video with 1 Gig memory, 500 Gig HD, 17" Display, Windows 7

Scholars Platinum.

Posts 274
Daniel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:23 PM

Thanks for adding an entry for currently opened Notes files to the right click menu (ie "Add a note to ____").  I'd still prefer if I could choose the last three-five without opening them first, but this improvement definitely makes Notes usable for me.

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:31 PM

Congrats on the 4.0a Gold release Logos.  Can't wait for the next round of beta's.  Man have I got it bad.

Posts 3156
Forum MVP
Dan DeVilder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:33 PM

LOGOS LOGOS LOGOS LOGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you all!

Bradley--definitely one of the cooler avatar/thumbnail shots.  Do you have a Samurai pony tail in the background???  Bono would be proud of the shades.

HP Pavilion dv 7z 1000   AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 2.10 GHz  3.00 GB RAM 64-bit Win 7

Posts 639
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:35 PM

Damian McGrath:
...is 4.0a = 4.01.3.4533?

That's the version I have.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 / 16 GB RAM / 1.0 TB Flash Drive / OS X 10.9.4  / Logos 5 (5.2.1.0171):  Portfolio | Reformed Platinum | Lutheran Gold

Posts 3299
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:35 PM

What is the version number of 4.0a ?

QLinks, Bibl2, Reporter, Macros
Dell Insp 1720
Core 2 Duo, 1.6 G, 4G RAM, Vista

Posts 1147
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:44 PM

Bradley and team: thank you for all your work on making Logos 4 so usable! Wow.

• Firstly, thanks for the bug fixes. (Though I've not been affected by many, IMHO the quality of the software is paramount, so good work.)
  • Love the search analysis grid. Need some time to play with this and experience its grunt.
  • Someone had creative fun with F9 for 'Explain this screen.' Will use this with my students as the summary for demo sessions on L4.
  • Collapsible highlight sessions make it easy to find/use the additional highlights.
  • Looking forward to using 'Cited by' and other updates.

Hope you guys get to enjoy a great Christmas break with family and friends. You deserve it!

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:01 PM

I think it would be AWESOME if one of the regular video making gurus would make a user video that displays the new features for 4.0a.

Any takers?

Posts 6612
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:11 PM

Jeremiah Daniel Morris:
I think it would be AWESOME if one of the regular video making gurus would make a user video that displays the new features for 4.0a.

Bradley, I think he's dissing your screenshots. Wink

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:20 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Jeremiah Daniel Morris:

Bradley, I think he's dissing your screenshots. Wink

Oh no... those were.... errmmm.... fairly helpful...

Fairly Def. (a slight step above not-helpful) Wink

Posts 492
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:21 PM

Now there's a message to scare new users - 'Logos Bible Software is indexing (80 hours remaining)'.  Down to 6 hours a little while later.

Posts 1122
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:52 PM

I've got 8 processors humming away, re-crunching the indexes...estimate is 6 hours to go--WARNING: if you are in the middle of intense Bible study, don't force an update early...

My wife was pleasantly suprised that we got more functionality at no cost...keep these coming--it takes her attention off the upgrade price ;-)

I miss the capability I had in v3 to have the Gk (audio bible) read to me & hope that gets rolled out soon in v4.  I'd also love to get a similar capability for the Hebrew.

Thank you to the coders!

- Ward

Posts 144
Gerald P. Swetsky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:56 PM

Wow!  My trackball finally works like it should.  I can now start using L4 seriously and will stop complaining about my "very expensive piece of beta software."

Joyeaux Noel,

Gerry

Page 1 of 5 (86 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS