Need advice on best ways to resell Logos resources

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
Andrew Brady | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 21 2013 8:22 AM
I have a significantly large library that I have built up over the years with many thousands of resources and a logos 4 platinum base package. I would like to find out what are the best ways to resell individual resources and large chunks of resources. What sort of resale value can I expect in comparison to Logos? What are the best forums to advertise? Is it ever worth contacting Logos directly regarding resale? There are plenty of resources I own that I realise I'm not using so it makes sense to sell them on. Many thanks
Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 8:45 AM

Back in the good old days (Libronix of course), Tom, one of the MVPs, had a site that included resale. But it seems to have had a major heartattack and Tom hasn't revived it.

eBay is your primary choice. Do a query and you'll typically see several. The issue you'll likely run into, is how you purchased the resources. Whether in a collection/package, and if an academic discount.

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 11:14 AM

As Denise said, ebay seems to be the way. You must understand Logos will not let you transfer single items or groups of items you purchased as part of a base package or a set. (You could transfer the whole thing but not the parts. If there are exceptions to this rule I doubt anyone here knows of them, just the folks at Logos.) Likewise anything purchased with academic licensing cannot be transferred. Logos charges a $20 per transaction fee for transfers (per transaction not per item). That would make lesser priced items unattractive to potential buyers.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1219
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 11:18 AM

Mark Smith:
As Denise said, ebay seems to be the way

You can make up a spreadsheet of what you want to sell with the prices and paste into a 30 day ebay listing. I would be interested in seeing your list

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 1:01 PM

It would probably be most cost effective if you could find one buyer willing to purchase everything you want to sell (and that is of course assuming it's items that are not being split out of a larger bundle, since Logos doesn't allow the licenses to be split up that way). Since you have to pay $20 for each person you transfer licenses to, the best way would be to only have to pay that fee once and transfer them all to the same buyer.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 2:12 PM

I too would be interested in knowing what was for sale and how much you were hoping to get for the titles.

Jsschrstrcks@gmail.com

I only use this email account for things that might be spammed, so I am not worried about it being on the forums.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 4:19 PM

Craigslist has served me well in the past - and it's free!

DAL

Posts 1829
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 5:34 PM

I'm also interested, I dont have L4

shoot me an email

testing@mailinator.com

Posts 496
Greg Masone | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 6:37 PM

Logos needs a resell market place. Somewhere we could post what we want to sell, complete the transaction, and transfer the license ourselves to the buyer.

Logos could require a certain percentage of the sale to cover costs. Or convert the buyer's money to Logos credit and let the seller keep it all.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 6:54 PM

Peace to all!          *smile*                   I hate to be the one to "throw cold water" on this thread; however, it has to be done ...

The Forum Guidelines from the main page of the Logos Forums were meant by Phil Gons and Logos to be "freeing" and "enabling" ....   never were they meant to be "cold water,"                           However, the general principle (in my opinion!) is that Logos does not want to compete against itself ....         *smile*               Therefore the forum guidelines .........    which include these:

1. Please treat each other with the love, courtesy, respect, and kindness that you would if you were sitting in your living room together.
    1. Please do not use our forums to
    2. sell or give away anything or link to anything you’re selling or giving away—including Logos products
  • promote or link to competitors
  • point people to other places that sell Logos-compatible products
  • advertise yourself, your business, your ministry, your website, etc. (a tasteful link in your forum signature is acceptable)
  • post Logos Coupon Codes. If you are aware of a special promotion Logos is running online, you are welcome to link directly to the promotion.
  1. Please search before posting. It’s likely that someone has already asked your question.
  2. Please help others follow these guidelines. If the problems continue after you’ve given a gentle reminder of these expectations, please click “Report Abuse” under “More” or send an email to forums@logos.com.
  3. Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy discussing and learning about Logos Bible Software.

Edit:          The Last I Heard was:     That Thomas of http://www.stilltruth.com/

is restoring his "crashed" website which included the mechanics for people to buy and sell Logos Products...     *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 9:20 PM

Sometimes it is easier to find forgiveness than permission;).

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 640
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 9:48 PM

Greg Masone:

Logos needs a resell market place. Somewhere we could post what we want to sell, complete the transaction, and transfer the license ourselves to the buyer.

Logos could require a certain percentage of the sale to cover costs. Or convert the buyer's money to Logos credit and let the seller keep it all.

I like your thinking. Currently Logos only profits from the transfer fee ($20). On a separate website, they could profit additionally by keeping a percentage.

Posts 476
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 25 2013 11:40 AM

Someone just started a Facebook group for reselling Logos resources. Everyone, please join. The bigger the market, the better for everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/548061461941184/

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS