BUG: Reading Plan Export to iCal (Logos 5.2 SR-1)

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 28 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 23 2013 6:15 AM

While attempting to create a bible reading plan for my family last night I noticed that when exporting to iCal the information doesn't seem to export correctly on Sundays. I attempted several different reading plans and would display the same issue each time—the title of the reading plan displays but the actual portion to read is absent. 

Can anyone else confirm this issue?

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 23 2013 12:56 PM

bump.

Posts 27688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 23 2013 9:02 PM

I've never tried it. What do the Sunday events look like when you open them up to view? Other than the title, are there any other differences with events from other days?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 24 2013 6:14 PM

Sorry for the delay, alabama24. Here is what is displayed when clicking on the Sunday event.

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 24 2013 6:15 PM

Here is what the other events look like:

Posts 3154
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 2:42 PM

I suspect there being some changes going on with Apple's new iCal similar to what went on with Pages. The behavior is what you would expect in the 10.8.5. I'll make a case for development to investigate. 

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 2:24 PM

Tommy Ball:
I'll make a case for development to investigate. 

Hello John, I'm sorry but we were not able to reproduce this on Mac 10.9 in 5.2 SR-3 in Testing.

Are you still having this issue once you update to SR-3? 

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 8:02 PM

Sorry for the delay, my wife and I recently had a new addition to the family and things have been a little crazier than normal with two kids under 16 months! 

I just updated to SR-3 and am still having the same issue. I changed the reading plan to run Monday through Friday and noticed that Monday was still displaying the title of the reading plan and not the content. Therefore it seems as if the first day in the reading plan is not rendering correctly when exported into iCal. 

Posts 27688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:29 PM

John Kight:
my wife and I recently had a new addition to the family and things have been a little crazier than normal with two kids under 16 months! 

Congrats... and get some sleep! Big Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 303
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2013 1:30 PM

John,

What are your calendar settings? These can be found under System Preferences -> Language & Text -> Region.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2013 3:13 PM

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 10 2013 6:27 PM

I'm having exactly the same issue.

Anyone have any answers?

Logos 5.2 SR-1, OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 11 2013 3:29 PM

The plot thickens!

I decided to set up the same reading plan for just six days of the week, omitting Sundays.

When I exported the plan to iCal there were no readings for Sunday as in the plan but now every Monday through out the year is missing its readings in iCal Tongue Tied

Posts 3
Jeff Marshall | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 27 2013 2:41 PM

Is this going to be fixed before the beginning of the year? 

I use this plan to place on our church calendar. 

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 27 2013 5:00 PM

I too am still awaiting an update with corrections to this issue. Any updates on the progress?

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 27 2013 5:01 PM

Tony Kissell:

The plot thickens!

I decided to set up the same reading plan for just six days of the week, omitting Sundays.

When I exported the plan to iCal there were no readings for Sunday as in the plan but now every Monday through out the year is missing its readings in iCal Tongue Tied

I have replicated the same issue.

Posts 8022
LogosEmployee

Jeff Marshall:

Is this going to be fixed before the beginning of the year? 

Unfortunately, no. We haven't reproduced this problem internally, so we don't have a fix ready to go in the next couple of days.

Posts 1074
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 1:54 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

Unfortunately, no. We haven't reproduced this problem internally, 

That was a surprise. I have been seeing this for a couple of months now ... more or less since Mavericks ... I just assumed that something so repeatable had been reported etc. etc.

For example.

I created a new reading plan using the first 'Default' Logos plan, 5 days on Spiritual Growth. As expected, in Logos, 5 days of readings appeared, starting today, Saturday.

However, exporting to iCal was a mess...

Saturday (today) looks fine.

Sunday ... not details ... only the title of the plan ...

Monday saw Monday's plan (i.e. Sunday was not delayed, it was simply missed)

Tuesday and Wednesday both saw their respective plans.

Thursday (yes, thursday, my five days continue !!!) just shows the plan tittle, and Friday, and Saturday and... well actually an entry for every day of the week this year, up until the 27th December 2014 (today being the 28th). So it has created 365 entries Big Smile

I have included a screen shot of the properties of one event (Mid April), and it shows a weekly repeat

The info for this event looks like this:

I am not sure if this sheds any additional light on the issue other than saying that it is a little (+1) more widespread !

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 2
Gene Pensiero Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 3:12 PM

Happening to me too, using a Weekday Only reading plan. In fact, I have 2 plans set up (one for New Testament, one for Old Testament) that feed into the same Calendar. First day of the week always displays title of reading plan, rather than reading for that day.

Was also hoping to use this for our church's 2014 plan.

Logos Calendar Bug

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 3:24 PM

I ended up typing the references for each Sunday into my reading plan calendar in iCal manually.

A pain, but you only have to get a month or so in advance.

I'm sure this has only been an issue since the release of Mavericks, I have exported my reading plan to iCal for the last 18 months or so without any issues. Makes me wonder if the problem is at OS X end.

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS