TDNT Ever on Sale?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8
Al | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 11 2013 12:49 PM

Do any of you remember the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT) going on sale? I'm waiting for some price reduction, but I wonder if I'm waiting in vain. Thanks!

Al

Posts 8485
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 11 2013 12:52 PM

Al:

Do any of you remember the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT) going on sale? I'm waiting for some price reduction, but I wonder if I'm waiting in vain. Thanks!

Al

Depending on what base package you own, it might be better to just upgrade to Gold to get it; but then again, I don't know which package you own or if you just own a cross-grade and then a bunch resources you've purchased over the years.

DAL

Posts 3180
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 11 2013 11:31 PM

DAL:
Depending on what base package you own, it might be better to just upgrade to Gold to get it; but then again, I don't know which package you own or if you just own a cross-grade and then a bunch resources you've purchased over the years.

Agreed. What I would like to see is TDOT made available in Logos format. Now wouldn't that be nice!? Base package or otherwise.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 302
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2013 5:42 PM

Beloved:
Base package

hahahahahaha . . .  that's a good one Wink

Posts 8485
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2013 6:12 PM

Beloved:

What I would like to see is TDOT made available in Logos format. Now wouldn't that be nice!? Base package or otherwise.

Yes indeed! I still don't get why it hasn't made it to Logos, though. Huh?

Posts 160
David Medina | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2013 7:09 PM

I too, am waiting for it to go on sale. But going Gold may be the best way.

Posts 13
Paul J. Kelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2013 7:35 PM

The TDOT should be a priority item for Logos.  You already have a good relationship with the publisher and demand from your very patient customers.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2013 9:23 PM

Al:
Do any of you remember the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT) going on sale?

Noticed TDNT is included in seven base packages => https://www.logos.com/product/8491/theological-dictionary-of-the-new-testament

Sometimes base packages are on sale.

A couple discussion lexicons to consider => https://www.logos.com/product/1223/vines-complete-expository-dictionary-of-old-and-new-testament-words and => https://www.logos.com/product/5407/mounces-complete-expository-dictionary-of-old-and-new-testament-words

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8
Al | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 12:15 PM

Well, I have the Bronze, so to upgrade to the level that has TDNT - Gold - it's +$900. That's a lot more than the $200 stand alone cost and I'm not sure the other resources that come with it would be something I would use very often. Frankly, I use only a few of the resources I now have.

Posts 8
Al | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 12:16 PM

And... that $200 is for a set of books I have on my shelf. I can buy a whole physical set of TDNT for less than the digital. That just seems wrong.

Posts 8485
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 12:29 PM

Al:

And... that $200 is for a set of books I have on my shelf. I can buy a whole physical set of TDNT for less than the digital. That just seems wrong.

You could actually buy 2 sets of TDNT from Christian Book dot com, but I doubt any of the two sets would be tagged to  your library or allow you to search for specific words or phrases that you might have read but don't remember which page you read them from.  Then again, it's your choice whether you want to purchase it or not.

This whole dilemma of the digital in Logos being more expensive than the physical or other e-formats is something that we just have to accept -- There's no way around it! Personally, when finances allow I'll upgrade to Gold since for me it'll be cheaper that way and it will give me TDNT and other resources I could use.  I currently own Silver, so is not so bad for me.

DAL

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 12:30 PM

Normally I'm the Logos critic.

But I'm a bit curious why you think a 50 year old set that long ago paid for itself (cost to produce) has some comparability to a highly tagged, integrated version.  One, as a customer, you're basically paying for paper; the other likely has continuing costs associated with it (as Logos expands its software sophistication).

I agree with the above; I got mine with a $300 package. But the book's well worth its present price and hopefully you'll see a sale.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 1:07 PM

Al:

Well, I have the Bronze, so to upgrade to the level that has TDNT - Gold - it's +$900. That's a lot more than the $200 stand alone cost and I'm not sure the other resources that come with it would be something I would use very often. Frankly, I use only a few of the resources I now have.

Al,

You mentioned that you were not sure about using other resources that would come with a Gold upgrade. TDNT is an excellent resource. There are many items in the Gold upgrade that complement it.

Tell us about your interests and uses for your Logos library and other users could make some suggestions about titles that would be a valuable addition to your resources if you upgraded to Gold.

I started out several years ago with a basic pkg and upgraded to Gold when I realized the excellent value of resources that it contained. I now have the Platinum pkg. plus a lot of other resources (about 3600 total).

When I realized how much more effective digital resources were, the hundreds of books on my shelves began gathering dust. They became more usable and accessible in their electronic versions.

The value of your Logos library actually increases exponentially as you broaden your base of key resources.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 6:31 PM

Al:

Gold includes my favorite commentary.  Wiki has review => http://wiki.logos.com/Resource$3a_UBS_New_Testament_Handbook_Series and => http://wiki.logos.com/Resource$3a_UBS_Old_Testament_Handbook_Series

Noticed Logos has sale prices for UBS NT $ 274.95 => https://www.logos.com/product/6555/the-united-bible-societies-new-testament-handbook-series

while OT is $ 399.95 => https://www.logos.com/product/7842/the-united-bible-societies-old-testament-handbook-series

Thankful for Logos payment plan, which does not charge interest.  Caveat: Logos does charge $ 5 per month to process payment.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS