Vyrso books that must be updated to Logos books

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 34 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 266
JC54 | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 13 2013 8:56 AM

Logos promised that Vyrso books would be automitacally updated to Logos books for free when they become Logos book.

These books where Vyrso and have become Logos but did not recieve the update yet.

The Art of Neighboring: Building Genuine Relationships Right Outside Your Door

The Colors of Hope: Becoming People of Mercy, Justice, and Love

from: https://www.logos.com/product/31439/baker-missional-collection

The Bumps Are What You Climb On: Encouragement for Difficult Days

from:https://www.logos.com/product/30214/warren-w-wiersbe-collection

The Greatness Principle: Finding Significance and Joy by Serving Others

from: https://www.logos.com/product/30729/nelson-searcy-collection

Hip-Hop Redemption: Finding God in the Rhythm and the Rhyme

from:https://www.logos.com/product/26776/engaging-and-exegeting-culture-series

You Lost Me: Why Young Christians Are Leaving Church . . . and Rethinking Faith

from:https://www.logos.com/product/31504/rethinking-christianity-collection

There are more books that need this update, and there are others still in prepub that will come out of it some day (I hope). It would be good if Logos made a system to automatically give these promised updates for Vyrso e-books as soon as the become a Logos-edition.

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 2:21 PM

Bump!

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 2:28 PM

This would be better to post in Vyrso so that it gets noticed by someone at Logos. They don't necessarily read all the posts in the General forum.

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 2:48 PM

Off topic here, but Rosie, I see you are no longer an MVP. Welcome to the ranks of Retired MVPs :-)

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 3:05 PM

J.R. Miller:

Off topic here, but Rosie, I see you are no longer an MVP. Welcome to the ranks of Retired MVPs :-)

Hi Joe, it's been a couple of years since I stepped down to become an MVP Emerita. But thanks for the welcome. Are you still working for Logos in some capacity?

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 3:17 PM

Well, that shows you how much time I have been spending in the forums LOL.

No, I have not worked for Logos in a few years.

However, the Logos connects keep growing. A few days ago they put 2 of my books in PrePub and I am hoping to drum up the support to push them into production. If you care to see the thread, here it is http://community.logos.com/forums/t/78866.aspx

Blessings sister!

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 3:23 PM

Cool! I had not noticed that that collection was by you. I've now placed my order.

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 3:32 PM

I publish my books and journal articles under "J.R. Miller" instead of Joe since that name is so common, so I am not surprised you did not connect the name to me :-) When you check it out, let me know what you think.

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 3:38 PM

I also tend to give a pass to all the self-published works that come along since I have no way of knowing the quality of the author. But when it's someone I know (even just online), that's different!

Posts 7269
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 3:39 PM

Rosie Perera:

Cool! I had not noticed that that collection was by you. I've now placed my order.

What did I tell you Joe? Rosie like me and others didn't know it was you...LOL

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 3:52 PM

See and I trusted you DAL. At least I changed my profile name to J.R. LOL Big Smile

Posts 7269
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2013 6:40 PM

J.R. Miller:

See and I trusted you DAL. At least I changed my profile name to J.R. LOL Big Smile

Now the next step is to advertise you on craigslist to reach a broader audience...Stick out tongue...who knows, the craigslist serial killer might be converted. Smile

DAL

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 5:29 PM

WARNING: Logos no longer updates Vyrso book to Logos books and you will receive NO credit for dynamic pricing! This was an unannounced change.

It looks like just freebe books from now on for me!

Posts 7269
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 5:34 PM

Keith Larson:

WARNING: Logos no longer updates Vyrso book to Logos books and you will receive NO credit for dynamic pricing! This was an unannounced change.

Well that's a bummer! I was looking forward to Meredith's Book of Bible Lists  and the new studies by Gene Getz I just purchased to be upgraded to Logos someday. Sad

Not to question your post, but who gave you that information? (if you don't mind sharing).

DAL

Posts 10734
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:26 AM

Keith Larson:

As noted in the thread you started, this information is not entirely true WARNING: Logos May no longer update Vyrso books!

Posts 2079
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:45 AM

Logos' personnel has stated that the upgrade will be free if a Vyrso book which you own is upgraded to a Logos book.  The only problem is that Logos may not catch that you are subject to upgrade, so you may have to call to prompt them to add the new version to your account.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 10734
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 11:25 AM

Joseph Turner:
The only problem is that Logos may not catch that you are subject to upgrade, so you may have to call to prompt them to add the new version to your account.

That can, and does, happen, but it is a long way from " Logos no longer updates Vyrso book to Logos books" as stated in the post to which I responded.

Posts 2079
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 11:45 AM

Jack Caviness:

Joseph Turner:
The only problem is that Logos may not catch that you are subject to upgrade, so you may have to call to prompt them to add the new version to your account.

That can, and does, happen, but it is a long way from " Logos no longer updates Vyrso book to Logos books" as stated in the post to which I responded.

I agree.  My post was not in response to you, but Keith Larson, who posted in this thread after starting the other thread.  I posted so that anyone who came along after could see that there is no problem with Vyrso/Logos converted books, as Keith was arguing, but has since realized is not the case.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 10734
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 11:50 AM

Joseph Turner:
My post was not in response to you

Big Smile

Posts 2079
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 11:54 AM

Beer

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS