BUG: Indexer is running - or it is not - message is stuck

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 18 2013 3:17 AM

I came to my computer this morning (running Verbum), and saw the yellow bar saying indexing was running, which is odd - as I got an update of some resources yesterday afternoon when I left, and it would not have been that long to update the index. As you can see by the picture, the yellow bar says it is indexing, but the indexer is not running - I show the process screen, there is no VerbumIndexer process. 

I did try refreshing the home page and the message stayed there. Attached are logs too.

5228.Verbum Log Files.zip

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 11:23 AM

I got this same thing yesterday. I shut down Logos two different times and on the third haul up, all proceeded as though normal. Try doing that and see if it makes the hob-goblins' disappear.  

Posts 10682
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 11:33 AM

Don,

the last entry in the indexer log is from 16:01, in the middle of the process. Since the file was written much later, it seems the indexer crashed without an error (it does, frequently, for me, too). This happens e.g. when it encounters HD corruption. 

In these cases, the indexer will not be able to tell the Logos/Verbum app to update the percentage in the yellow bar or to take it away, thus it remains stuck. 

Just try again - in case this happens more often, Logos will need procdump reports from the indexer process.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 12:04 PM

Yes, I just restarted Verbum, then the indexer started up again. It finished a few minutes later. I just wanted to document this crash for Logos' benefit, n case it helps to find a problem. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS