Strange behavior while searching

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3181
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 20 2013 7:29 PM

While searching encountered instability of the program I present the log 

8664.LogosIndexerError.log

I see message that disk is malformed. Is my hard drive corrupt?

Running Windows 7 on Dell laptop.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2013 7:36 PM

Could be. But not necessarily. See other threads where this error was discussed:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/56885.aspx

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/63345.aspx

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/27085.aspx

Could be as simple as restarting Logos. Could require uninstalling/reinstalling. Or might need a Logos tech to connect to your computer to help you with it. Or it could be an impending hard disk failure. (In order of least to most hassle.) Try the easy solutions first.

Posts 3181
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2013 7:42 PM

Thanks Rosie you're the best!

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2013 7:49 PM

Try navigating to: C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\{Random String}\BibleIndex and delete LibraryIndex.db

When you reopen Logos it will need to reindex all your Bibles. That will take a little while but won't be nearly as time-consuming as reindexing your entire library.

If you do not have diagnostic logging permanently enabled it would be helpful for you to do this and attach a .zip file of all logs generated if there is another problem.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 27267
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2013 8:16 PM

Beloved:
While searching encountered instability of the program I present the log 

The affected database is \BibleIndex\supplemental-build.lxn and the log covers a period from 30 Nov 2012 to 1 Oct 2013 for versions 5.0a to 5.1b.

The last entry states:-

Program Version: 5.1b SR-1 (5.1.2.0079)
Time: 2013-10-01 15:25:40 -04:00 (2013-10-01T19:25:40Z)
Failed to prepare supplemental index; will reindex.

If there have been no similar errors for version 5.2 then the problem was automatically resolved in October. Note that supplemental-build.lxn is a temporary file that is replaced/deleted when indexing completes normally.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3181
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2013 8:35 PM

Dave Hooton:
If there have been no similar errors for version 5.2 then the problem was automatically resolved in October. Note that supplemental-build.lxn is a temporary file that is replaced/deleted when indexing completes normally.

Dave, first Thank you;

If I follow you, there is nothing I need do. I have closed and restarted program. This should rectify the problem, yes?

Mark, I also appreciate your input

Edit: Upon  reopening program it hung momentarily when I opened my Layout then loaded. I supply the zipped file.

1524.Logos Log FilesLBSL5.zip

Posts 27267
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2013 9:55 PM

Beloved:
If I follow you, there is nothing I need do. I have closed and restarted program. This should rectify the problem, yes?

The problem was rectified in October. The program would continue to crash if there was a problem.

Beloved:
Edit: Upon  reopening program it hung momentarily when I opened my Layout then loaded. I supply the zipped file.

The logs are old. If there is a specific problem please report it in a new thread with a current logos.log file included  e.g. start Logos with CTRL key held.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS