A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliiefs by David W.Bercot

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
christian jelbring | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 24 2009 11:52 AM

This is a dictionary i would love to have to use with Logos, its serves well as a reference guide to several hundreds of different topics discussed by the early church fathers. I am sure many more would appreciate this book available for logos.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 12:53 PM

i don't know this work, but it sounds good.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 14
christian jelbring | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 1:06 PM

basiclly what it does it takes a topic, i think there are 700 something different topics, lets say "repentance" and you get quotes from different "church fathers" regarding repentance and a reference to where it is taken from so you can follow up on that quote in its context. Very good when in very short time look up what the early church believed regarding a certain thing. Of course we have some books already that is searchable, but still you have to waddle your way through hundreds of search hits and narrow it down to the relevant. This book would save much time.

Posts 2855
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 1:16 PM

christian jelbring:

This is a dictionary i would love to have to use with Logos, its serves well as a reference guide to several hundreds of different topics discussed by the early church fathers. I am sure many more would appreciate this book available for logos.

Yes yes

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 14
christian jelbring | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 5:41 AM

does logos confirm if they have plans to release this?

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 9:36 AM

I agree that this would be an excellent resource in Logos format.  I've got a hard copy, but I rarely use it.  If it were available in Logos, it would be much more easily accessed and utilized.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 9:37 AM

I'm gonna vote yes on this also.. Yes

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS