A foolproof way to get your favourite book into Logos

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:11 AM

In the last few months I've developed a fool-proof technique that ensures Logos will produce books I'm interested in. Here's the technique:

1. Wait a long time for the book to be announced on pre-pub.
  2. Give up waiting and buy the book on Amazon.
  3. Within a few weeks, the book will appear on Logos as a pre-pub.

Experience has taught me that gaming the system by waiting an additional few weeks before purchasing on Amazon doesn't work. Logos will only launch the pre-pub after you've actually made the purchase.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:18 AM

Ha Ha Ha!  LOL!

Big Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:20 AM

Big Smile You know you would not have that problem if you would quit buying paper books altogether. But that may be the death knell of the Pre-Pub program.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8941
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:20 AM

Mark Barnes:

In the last few months I've developed a fool-proof technique that ensures Logos will produce books I'm interested in. Here's the technique:

1. Wait a long time for the book to be announced on pre-pub.
  2. Give up waiting and buy the book on Amazon.
  3. Within a few weeks, the book will appear on Logos as a pre-pub.

Experience has taught me that gaming the system by waiting an additional few weeks before purchasing on Amazon doesn't work. Logos will only launch the pre-pub after you've actually made the purchase.

What a great system! We could all benefit from this. All we need to do is send you a list of the books we want to see in Logos. Then you can go and purchase them on Amazon. Then a few weeks later they will be available in Logos for all of us! Big Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 27679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:21 AM

Of course, it could be on pre-pub for a while. Just consider it "renting" Wink

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:26 AM

Super.Tramp:
You know you would not have that problem if you would quit buying paper books altogether.

He wasn't necessarily talking about buying paper books. Careful testing has shown that his foolproof system works just as well if you buy the Kindle edition, perhaps even better because it's at least an indication that the publisher is willing to let it be made into a digital book, so Logos may already be negotiating a deal. But remember, they won't finish the negotiations and put it into pre-pub until you buy the Kindle book.

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:31 AM

This is known as Murphy's Law

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:33 AM

Mark:

This is known as Murphy's Law

That's the general case. What Mark is describing is Barnes's Corollary.

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 10:14 AM

That's been my experience as well - frustrating as it is.  

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS