Real funny "Dynamic Pricing"

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6483
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 4 2014 4:52 PM

Look at the picture and try to find what's wrong with it --- Ok, I'll tell you: I already own this collection, but it's telling me I can pay $21.59 per month or a one time payment of $82.95, but when I hover over the "add to cart" button, it's telling me you already own this resource.  Funny!

Posts 1714
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 6:52 PM

DAL:

I'm guessing you bought the resource(s) from a third-party. Logos's computer knows you own it, but it doesn't show any dynamic discount, since you didn't buy it here.

I tested this with a MacArthur book I got in a Nelson package under L3 (directly from Nelson) and the same phenomenon happens.

[EDIT]:  Nope; spoke too soon. Not consistent on other resources.

Win 10 Android 9 Fire OS 5

Posts 6483
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 11:49 AM

Robert M. Warren:

DAL:

I'm guessing you bought the resource(s) from a third-party. Logos's computer knows you own it, but it doesn't show any dynamic discount, since you didn't buy it here.

I tested this with a MacArthur book I got in a Nelson package under L3 (directly from Nelson) and the same phenomenon happens.

[EDIT]:  Nope; spoke too soon. Not consistent on other resources.

Actually, I did purchase it with Logos along with other resources.  I got it because it was $89.95 back when I got it early 2013.  It used to include the NIV 1984, but days later Logos removed the NIV 1984 from that collection and on top of that Logos jacked up the price to $199.95.  Many purchased some copies of this collection just to have the NIV 1984.  But anyway, you are right, the dynamic pricing is not really consistent, but it sure got me a great discount on the MacArthur Library 2.0, so I can't complain.

DAL

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 12:05 PM

MacArthur Library 2.0 is actually a great buy, especially if you had picked up the essential bundle for a $10 a few years ago when third party vendors were almost giving them away. Dynamic pricing results in a low price for what is a very interesting collection.

Posts 6483
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 12:29 PM

Mike Pettit:

MacArthur Library 2.0 is actually a great buy, especially if you had picked up the essential bundle for a $10 a few years ago when third party vendors were almost giving them away. Dynamic pricing results in a low price for what is a very interesting collection.

Very interesting indeed! And to think that I was only going to buy the MacArthur Study Bible and ended up getting more for less.  Now all I need is a sale coupon for the Nelson's Reference Bundle and couple that with dynamic pricing and I should be getting a great deal on that as well. Stick out tongue

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS