Full date information no longer shown in "Last Updated" Library field

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 22851
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 5 2014 12:38 AM

As the screenshot below shows, in 5.2a b1 the Library just shows previous months in the last updated field as opposed to showing the actual day as well - as it does in the current stable release.

Can the previous behaviour be restored please?

Thanks, Graham

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 1:54 AM

This is definitely not appreciated. Those of us who tag use that Last Updated column sort to catch up on our tagging need the full date there. Thank you.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 2:43 AM

Rosie Perera:
This is definitely not appreciated
Yes

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 6:43 AM

Mine still shows it.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 22851
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 7:07 AM

George Somsel:
Mine still shows it.

Interesting.

Just checking - are you running the beta?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 7:20 AM

Graham Criddle:

No.  I running the approved for public consumption, guaranteed to contain no GMOs version—and no animals were injured in its production. Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 7:23 AM
Graham Criddle:
Library just shows previous months in the last updated field as opposed to showing the actual day as well - as it does in the current stable release.
I can confirm the regression (bug?). Running 5.2a Beta 1 (5.2.1.0019) and only the month and year are shown. Martin.
Posts 22851
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 7:26 AM

George Somsel:

Graham Criddle:

No.  I running the approved for public consumption, guaranteed to contain no GMOs version—and no animals were injured in its production. Big Smile

Thanks George

Agreed its fine in the stable release - it is an issue with the current beta.

So hopefully you won't see it when the stable version is releasedSmile

Graham

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 8:31 AM

Graham Criddle:

George Somsel:

Graham Criddle:

Thanks George

Agreed its fine in the stable release - it is an issue with the current beta.

So hopefully you won't see it when the stable version is releasedSmile

Graham

Duh !  No wonder you asked whether I was running the Beta.  I failed to notice the sub-forum this was in.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 12:16 PM

Martin Grainger Dean:
Graham Criddle:
Library just shows previous months in the last updated field as opposed to showing the actual day as well - as it does in the current stable release.
I can confirm the regression (bug?). Running 5.2a Beta 1 (5.2.1.0019) and only the month and year are shown. Martin.

I'm thinking it isn't a regression/bug but an intentional change, however I strongly object to it. Any column that one can sort by should have a uniform format throughout, not day of week plus time for the most recent stuff and then month and year only for older things. A date is a date and should look consistent.

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 12:38 PM

Rosie Perera:
Any column that one can sort by should have a uniform format throughout, not day of week plus time for the most recent stuff and then month and year only for older things. A date is a date and should look consistent.

Agree completely. If this was intentional, it was a dumb idea that should be abandoned.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 12:47 PM

Jack Caviness:

Rosie Perera:
Any column that one can sort by should have a uniform format throughout, not day of week plus time for the most recent stuff and then month and year only for older things. A date is a date and should look consistent.

Agree completely. If this was intentional, it was a dumb idea that should be abandoned.

+1 Yes for consistent date formatting that always includes Day, Month, and Year (time would be nice); ideally use operating system settings for formatting since various locations have different conventions.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 12:54 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
time would be nice

Time unnecessary IMO, since only on the very rarest of occasions are there more than one download of resources per day, and anyway time of download is not important. It's completely up to when you felt like downloading or when you purchased something; has nothing to do with when the resource was actually updated by Logos.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 3:29 PM

Rosie Perera:
Any column that one can sort by should have a uniform format throughout
Yes

Posts 8253
LogosEmployee

This was already noted internally and has been fixed for Beta 2.

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 7:32 PM

Yay! Thank you, Bradley.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 10:03 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

+1 Yes Looking forward to Beta 2.

Noticed Documents have Date column (with Month Day, Year), but Guides do not have a Date column.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 22851
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 11:08 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

That's good news.

Thanks Bradley.

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 11:26 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Noticed Documents have Date column (with Month Day, Year), but Guides do not have a Date column.

Good point. I suspect dates matter less for Guides, since presumably you'd get the same result if you ran the same guide again at a later date (unless you'd purchased more resources in the meantime). So the date it was created is less important. However, it would still be useful to be able to sort by date in order to remember what you'd been working on most recently. So I would vote for adding a date column for Guides. [EDIT: Possibly ditto for saved Layouts.]

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 6 2014 4:12 AM

Rosie Perera:
it would still be useful to be able to sort by date in order to remember what you'd been working on most recently.

When we get to the point that we need such a reminder, we have too many irons in the fire Big Smile. But, then, I know how that feels.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS