Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 8 2014 5:36 PM

5.2a Beta 2 (5.2.1.0023) is available for download. 

To update to 5.2a Beta 2, enter the Update Now command if you’ve switched to the beta channel before. If you currently have a stable version installed (such as 5.2 SR-4) and do not want to receive future beta updates, install from the download links on this thread. If you want to receive future beta updates, enter the Set Update Channel to Beta command to download Beta 2.

Release Notes

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 22849
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 10:51 PM

From the release notes:

" Tags are now hyperlinked, and will filter the Library for resources with that tag when clicked. Clicking a tag in the Resource Panel Info pane will open the Library with that filter."

This is a very nice step forward.

ThanksSmile

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 10:58 PM

Awesome!

I am still looking forward to the day when we'll be able to rename a tag. If we filter the library by a single tag, then delete just that tag (which it appears will now be doable: "Added right-click options to tags: 'Find resources with this tag', 'Delete', and 'Clear tags'") then the Library will update and you'll lose sight of all those resources you want to assign different tag to. So we need to be able to directly rename a tag, since delete and reapply a new tag won't be doable this way (unless you're really quick and do it before the Library refreshes after you've deleted the old tag). This would be especially useful for when you accidentally had a typo in a tag when tagging a bunch of resources and there's already another tag spelled correctly that you'd like to rename it to, on those erroneously tagged resources. But I could imagine other scenarios: for example tidying up your naming scheme of tags.

Posts 22849
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 11:01 PM

Hi Rosie

Agree entirely with what you are saying here - hopefully the steps we are seeing will continue to move in this direction.

Posts 1081
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 11:38 PM

Rosie Perera:
So we need to be able to directly rename a tag, since delete and reapply a new tag won't be doable this way (unless you're really quick and do it before the Library refreshes after you've deleted the old tag).

... unless we add a new tag first to those first, then delete the old one ... ? (not on beta at the moment ... too risky for notes ... just thinking aloud ... )

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 12:20 AM

Martin Folley:

Rosie Perera:
So we need to be able to directly rename a tag, since delete and reapply a new tag won't be doable this way (unless you're really quick and do it before the Library refreshes after you've deleted the old tag).

... unless we add a new tag first to those first, then delete the old one ... ? (not on beta at the moment ... too risky for notes ... just thinking aloud ... )

True, I guess that would work. Still it would be nice to simply be able to rename a tag. When I'm doing a lot of tagging maintenance, renaming tags is one of the things that often comes up as "I wish I could do that."

I'm not on the beta yet either. I usually wait until further along in the beta cycle, because I don't have time for tracking down and reporting lots of bugs these days.

Posts 521
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 3:03 AM

When beta 1 came out there was no ability to enter a note with the "right click" or "control click". The dialog box opened normally but there was no ability to enter a note for either the "reference" or the "selection". I would like to get back on the beta channel but note taking is very important and I would like to ensure that this feature now works normally.

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Catalina

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 3:40 AM

Bob Deacon:

When beta 1 came out there was no ability to enter a note with the "right click" or "control click". The dialog box opened normally but there was no ability to enter a note for either the "reference" or the "selection". I would like to get back on the beta channel but note taking is very important and I would like to ensure that this feature now works normally.

We've been assured this is fixed in Beta 2. I haven't tried it yet, so I can't confirm it for you, but it looks like Jack has:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/79085/559576.aspx#559576 

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 4:11 AM

Rosie Perera:

Bob Deacon:

We've been assured this is fixed in Beta 2. I haven't tried it yet, so I can't confirm it for you, but it looks like Jack has:

Yes, it is fixed in Beta 2. So far, no show stoppers in this release.

Posts 521
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 5:04 AM

Thanks Rosie and Jack. I am out of place in NJ (who isn't in NJ) but I will probably get back on the beta channel later today! Thanks again.

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Catalina

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 5:46 AM

Bob Deacon:
I am out of place in NJ (who isn't in NJ)

Lived in South Jersey as a newly-wed multiple decades ago. Thus, Understand your who isn't Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS