John Piper Sermon Index (for passage guide)

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 13 2014 2:47 PM

I've created a Personal Book which serves as a Scripture Index to all of John Piper's sermons. It's designed to be used with The John Piper Sermon Manuscript Library (1980–2009), but because it also includes links to the Desiring God website, you can also use it even if you don't own this resource (click on the → arrows to view the online material). It even includes some sermons that aren't included in the Library (particularly those preached after 2009). These are listed in italics. Remember to compile it as a Bible Commentary, so it appears in your Passage Guide.

Here's the file: 0624.Scripture Index to The John Piper Sermon Manuscript Library.docx

And here's a cover image you can use:

Indexes to Timothy Keller's and Charles Spurgeon's sermons are also available.

Posts 885
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 7:31 AM

Mark, as always, thank you so much for sharing your hard work and wonderful abilities with us!

I am late coming to the PB & Sermon Indexing game, and having just compiled your index of Spurgeon's Sermons as a Bible Commentary so that it would show up on my Passage Guide, I couldn't be more thrilled.  This is just the excuse I've been looking for to buy Piper's manuscript library!

--Bro. Mark

"I read dead people..."

Posts 1829
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 7:36 AM

dude Mark!

these are amazing works..

this makes me wanna visit your church if I ever around your area!

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 8:49 AM

Thanks Mark, having recently purchased the Piper collection, I find this to be most valuable.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 9:29 AM

Thanks, Mark!

Posts 513
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 10:46 AM

Mark Barnes:
Remember to compile it as a Bible Commentary, so it appears in your Passage Guide.

Great work Mark, but I think I need a little help. I can't get it to show up with results in a Passage Guide, even though I compiles it as a Bible Commentary:

What am I doing wrong?

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 10:58 AM

David P. Moore:
What am I doing wrong?

Are you using the beta?

Posts 513
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 11:03 AM

No. Is that the difference?

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 11:22 AM

Yes I am also having no results from any PB Sermon Index compiled as "Bible Commentary" within Passage Guide (even tried "Commentary" option to see if that made any difference). I am typing the exact reference from any PB sermon index and "My Content" always stays blank.

Any suggestions?

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 1:45 PM

118054:
 Yes I am also having no results from any PB Sermon Index compiled as "Bible Commentary" within Passage Guide (even tried "Commentary" option to see if that made any difference). I am typing the exact reference from any PB sermon index and "My Content" always stays blank.

It used to work, but it doesn't seem to any more. If I recompile a book that previously worked, it no longer works. I'm on the beta, so assumed it was only a problem on the beta, but obviously that's not the case. I've already filed a bug report.

Posts 513
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 2:15 PM

Mark Barnes:
I've already filed a bug report.

Thanks, Mark. Hopefully it will get addressed soon.

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 2:37 PM

Thanks Mark from me as well. 

Posts 124
Randy Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 3:15 PM

This works for me. I put it in my prioritize in the library.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 3:22 PM

Mine is working now. I'm not sure what changed. I certainly haven't recompiled the resource since it wasn't working. Perhaps just restarting Logos a few times?

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 8:08 PM

Thank you Mark.  It works for me too, Smile .

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 1:37 AM

Mine is working as well...

But it may have done before because I was looking in the wrong place!!!!! I assumed that PB search results came under the "My contents" tab. Mark's screenshot made my search down under the "Commentaries" tab and there they all were....Smile Now I will prioritise them. Thanks for helping.

Posts 513
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 9:08 AM

Mine now working as well too. Guess I just needed to give it some time. Thanks, Mark!

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 10:51 AM

I believe Logos5 would need to index it for it to work, thus a little time delay issue, especially evident if you re-compile, since Logos would have to re-index

Posts 21928
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 17 2014 1:15 AM

Thanks Mark

Really appreciated, Graham 

Posts 111
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2014 1:49 AM

Mark - do you mind if I take your three semons indexes, and insert the data into my index of Bible studies? Since there is a program now to create a personal index with only the books that the user owns, even if they don't have all of the sermon archives they could still use it.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS