Crash - 4.0a - Bible Seach with Analysis

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 43
Steve Burrow | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 26 2009 8:03 PM

Attached is a log file of a Crash that occurs when I search for "gift" using the Bible search and the Analysis layout.  It looks like it almost completes (draws a blank table) then crashes.

5722.Crash_Log.zip

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 8:28 PM

Could you restart L4 and perform only the search for gift to reproduce the error (attach log as before).

Thanks,

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 43
Steve Burrow | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 9:07 PM

I opened Logos to a blank layout, then executed the search.  I had to switch to 'Analysis' after beginning the search; hopefully that will be ok.  If not, let me know and I'll try again.

1185.Crash_Log.zip

Posts 43
Steve Burrow | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 9:10 PM

Actually, this log may be better.  Once I restarted Logos and ran the search again, it defaulted to 'Analysis.'

7848.Crash_Log_3.zip

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 9:28 PM

Steve, I can reproduce the result of the search but not the crash.

The logs should provide enough info for a Logos tech to assess what is happening, though.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 8014
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 10:03 AM

Steve Burrow:

Attached is a log file of a Crash that occurs when I search for "gift" using the Bible search and the Analysis layout.  It looks like it almost completes (draws a blank table) then crashes.

I can't reproduce the problem as described, but I've seen a similar crash when searching the KJV. We'll investigate, and if it's the same bug, we can fix both these problems.

Posts 43
Steve Burrow | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 12:34 PM

It does the same thing on my laptop as well.  Let me know if you would like a log file from that computer.

And THANK YOU for your hard work!  (That also goes for your response to my other post)

Posts 1
Scott Boe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 24 2010 10:28 PM

I am getting exactly the same crash on my computer, one with my xp sp3 desktop and one with my vista laptop.  I am getting it on various english words and hebrew words.  The problem looks exactly the same.  It only happens when I click on the analysis portion of my lookup, it doesn't happen with all words though.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS