Help - Crash Crash Crash - hopefully this time I get the log in here...;-)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Shawn Fisher | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 1 2014 11:08 PM

1817.LogosLogs.shawnfisher.20140202-020521.zip

Hello - hopefully I did this right to get the log file in here.  If not, please let me know and I'll try again. This is the first time I tried to do it.  Peace, Shawn

Posts 25600
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2014 2:15 AM

Well done!

You have corrupt preferences, so delete the file /Users/shawnfisher/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/gb9yef8v.3p9/UserPreferences2/PreferencesManager.db and restart Logos to recreate them (note the 2 in the folder name). Also note that /Library is a hidden folder.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2014 3:06 AM

Dave Hooton:
Also note that /Library is a hidden folder.

Shawn, you may already know this, but just in case: To access the User Library folder, in the Finder Go menu hold down the option key, and the Library folder will appear. From there, follow the path Dave outlined.

Posts 9
Shawn Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2014 9:04 AM

Thank you.  And to Jack Caviness.  Unfortunately, when I went in there, there is no Logos4 file to go into from the Applications Support area.  I did send some Logos4 stuff to the trash bin, but not from this folder... Thoughts?

Posts 9
Shawn Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2014 9:06 AM

Also, I am supposed to be running Logos 5, so did something not get addressed with Logos 4 when Logos 5 loaded?  Note - it did work for awhile but then, nada...

Posts 9
Shawn Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2014 9:12 AM

Oh...wait...I went and found the Library another way and this one does have logos4 in the ApplicationsSuppport... may be onto something... will let you know...

Posts 9
Shawn Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2014 9:18 AM

This really got us somewhere!  it did not crash going in!  Thank you thank you!  Now I'll see how stable it is now that I'm in there.  Question - was I supposed to delete BOTH of those files that had the .db or just the one you specifically referenced.  Wasn't totally sure when you then said to note there are two.  Assumed you meant, there are two in there, be sure to get the right one...;-). Should I go delete the other?

Posts 22658
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2014 9:18 AM

Shawn Fisher:

Also, I am supposed to be running Logos 5, so did something not get addressed with Logos 4 when Logos 5 loaded?  Note - it did work for awhile but then, nada...

No, having Logos4 folders after an upgrade to Logos 5 is fine and to be expected.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2014 10:36 AM

Shawn Fisher:
Question - was I supposed to delete BOTH of those files that had the .db or just the one you specifically referenced.  Wasn't totally sure when you then said to note there are two.  Assumed you meant, there are two in there, be sure to get the right one...;-). Should I go delete the other?

When deleting, personally delete both files.  One file has the database contents while the other file is a journal of database changes.

Shawn Fisher:

Wiki => http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_Multiple_Macs#Copy_Logos_Resources_to_Mac_OS_X has Application Support folder names used by Logos 4, Logos 5, and Verbum on OS X and Windows.  Note: Logos 5 on OS X continues to use Logos4 folder, which provided an upgrade path from Logos 4 to Logos 5.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25600
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2014 12:05 PM

Shawn Fisher:
 Question - was I supposed to delete BOTH of those files that had the .db or just the one you specifically referenced.  Wasn't totally sure when you then said to note there are two.

The intention was to note the 2 in the folder name  /UserPreferences2 to make sure you got the right folder (NOT /UserPreferences).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2014 2:10 PM

Shawn Fisher:
this one does have logos4 in the ApplicationsSuppport.
The presence of the logos4 folder in the directory path received extensive discussion when L5 was first released. Seems that Logos committed a boo-boo by including the version number in the original installation of Logos 4. Apple did not provide an easy way to change the folder name while retaining everything in the path. Therefore, we have a logos4 folder in the path to Logos 5 resources. Hope that is understandable.

Posts 9
Shawn Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2014 9:06 PM

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply and provide helpful insights that led to a resolution of my issue.  I now have a new "Community of Faith" connection for which I am grateful.  Peace, Shawn

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS