When Might These Pre-Pubs Be Available?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 173
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 18 2014 1:29 AM

Dear Logos,

This is a friendly inquiry. 

Will these resources be completed any time soon?  They have been under development for a long time now.  Is there a target date for either of them?

Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament, 28th Edition, with Critical Apparatus

Institutes of Elenctic Theology (3 vols.)

Thanks!

Kevin

Posts 27813
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 1:41 AM

You aren't likely to receive an answer. When a resource is close to shipping, an estimated shipping date is listed. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 173
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 2:01 AM

Thanks.  Just curious though. 

Posts 27813
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 2:38 AM

I know. It can be hard to wait. Smile

Seriously though... Logos, as a strongly followed general rule, doesn't provide this kind of info. Once they "know" when a resource will be ready (meaning within a few weeks or so) they provide that info... And even then, it is subject to change. 

Logos has hundreds and hundreds of resources in pre-pub, each on their own various time tables. I would also guess that various resource projects are picked up and dropped (meaning that an employee may be shuffling through several projects at a time, rather than working on only one until it's completion) for any number of reasons. There are too many variables to allow for "we think it will be ready in three months." 

Then again, Bob could pop up and give you an answer today... But it's doubtful. Wink

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10600
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 2:47 AM

alabama24:
ou aren't likely to receive an answer.

Several years ago, Logs was badly burned—more than once—when they prematurely announced release time frames for the Mac version. They now tend to err on the side of insufficient information.

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 10:08 AM

Jack Caviness:

alabama24:
ou aren't likely to receive an answer.

Several years ago, Logs was badly burned—more than once—when they prematurely announced release time frames for the Mac version. They now tend to err on the side of insufficient information.

Not to mention the Anchor Bible Library debacle (Logos was on the verge of releasing it when to the best of my memory  lawyers from the other company decided to go over the contract with a fine tooth comb, delaying the release by months). But Logos as far as I can tell had no way of knowing such a massive delay was coming.

-Dan

Posts 1569
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 1:08 PM

Last news I heard surrounding the NA28 was found here.

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 1:33 PM

John Kight:

Last news I heard surrounding the NA28 was found here.

February is here and will soon be gone … "and yet no power cometh to save us … Zion spreadeth her hands for aid … Lord, bow thine ear to our prayer" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBMTzryAnrk @4:38-11:36)

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9105
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 1:42 PM

George Somsel:
Lord, bow thine ear to our prayer

And may we have the NA28 apparatus well before the NA29 comes out.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS