Convert Passage Guide into Reading Plan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 20 2014 7:48 AM

Is there a way to place the commentary results in the Passage Guide into a Reading Plan? I don't think so, but I've been pleasantly surprised many times. 

Does anyone have any hints or tips on how to do this? Scenario: When I begin to research for a sermon, I type the reference into the box on the home page. Then I read many, but not all of the commentary results in the passage guide. However, I often loose track of which ones I have read and waste time opening resources and realizing that I read it yesterday. Any suggestions based upon your practices? 

Posts 21868
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 20 2014 10:10 AM

Kevin Maples:
Is there a way to place the commentary results in the Passage Guide into a Reading Plan?

I don't believe so

But what you could do is right-click the "Commentaries" section header, select the copy option and paste into a note.

Then you could work through the note, marking each one as you have finished with it.

Does that help at all?

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 20 2014 10:49 AM

Graham Criddle:
Does that help at all?
Yes it does. That is a good "work around" solution. I knew some veteran expert would know a way to do this. I had no idea I could copy the section into a file. What I did was copy the list and then as I read through, I changed the font color of the ones I read in order to identify them as read. This is helpful to me because I cannot read the entire list and skipping around from resource to resource, especially across multiple days, I can't remember which ones I have read. 

Posts 10523
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 20 2014 1:46 PM

Graham Criddle:
But what you could do is right-click the "Commentaries" section header, select the copy option and paste into a note.

To keep you mind sharp, you should learn something new ever day. Thank you, Graham, for giving me my new nugget for today—and a very worth-while nugget it was. Party!!!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS