Not sure what to do with this error message

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Dale McFarlane | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 21 2014 11:57 AM

I've just tried to open Logos to do some work on my sermon for tomorrow. An error message has popped up:

"An upgrade is required. Some of your resources and documents are not compatible with this version. To continue using LBS, upgrade to version 5.2 SR-6 or later. 

To install the latest version, connect to the internet and visit http://www.logos.com/support/logos5/install."

Clicking the link takes me straight to the promos for Logos 5.

I'm already using Logos 5 Bronze. When I click on upgrade, it wants to sell me a higher package. Logos has just finished reinstalling on my laptop a couple of days ago, and seemed to be working fine yesterday. I have no idea what to do now, as I can't see anything helpful on the website. 

I can't open Logos - my only options are to exit, which closes both the error message and the Logos icon, or to do whatever upgrading it wants me to do - if only I could work out what that is and how to do it.

Does anyone know what I need to do, or is there somewhere on the site I can find a list of error messages and what to do about them?

I have 25.5 hours till church starts!

Posts 17
Dale McFarlane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2014 12:01 PM

I see this post is saying android - but I don't have Logos on my phone (which IS an android) - I'm wanting to get into it on my laptop. I live outside the US so can't call the help line.

Posts 593
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2014 12:05 PM

Dale McFarlane:

I see this post is saying android - but I don't have Logos on my phone (which IS an android) - I'm wanting to get into it on my laptop.

I moved this post from the Android forum to the Logos 5 forum.

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2014 12:51 PM

Dale

You need to continue updating using https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.logos.com/LBS5/Installer/LogosSetup.exe.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 17
Dale McFarlane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2014 12:57 PM

Thanks, Dave.

Just tried that, and got the message that Logos 5 was up to date - flashed immediately on the screen when I tried to run the update. Tried to open Logos, and got the error message (above) again. 

Will try restarting my computer...

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2014 1:15 PM

Dale McFarlane:
Will try restarting my computer...

The only other thing to try is in Control Panel >> Programs and Features.  Find Logos Bible Software, right click and select Repair.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 17
Dale McFarlane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2014 1:21 PM

Thank you, Dave.

It seems to be working again after a restart (of course, I should have tried that first) - so I don't know what was going on.

I'll keep your helpful advice, though, for next time things go wrong.

Greatly appreciate your support.

Dale

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2014 1:23 PM

Dale McFarlane:
It seems to be working again after a restart (of course, I should have tried that first)

I should have suggested it firstSmile. I'm glad it is working.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 17
Dale McFarlane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2014 4:19 PM

Well, the good news is that people will hear the Good News again tomorrow (Sunday my time)! And I can finish my study so that I can correctly and helpfully proclaim the truth. (Based on 1 Peter 2: 4-12). On behalf of the living stones where I am in New Zealand - thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS