Customising mouse actions

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Pauline Linton | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 26 2014 9:48 AM

Is there any way to customise how mouse clicks work? For example when I double-click a word in the Greek NT it automatically opens Louw-Nida's lexicon at the correct entry. Personally I'd prefer it to do the same in a different lexicon. Is there any way I can customize it to do that?

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2014 11:57 AM

Welcome to the forums.

Double-clicking will open the highest prioritized resource that is appropriate. You need to prioritize the lexicons that you prefer.

http://wiki.logos.com/Prioritizing

Posts 9
Pauline Linton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 27 2014 6:48 AM

Brilliant, that's exactly what I wanted. Thank you.

Posts 9
Pauline Linton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 9:18 AM

Hmm, well this was working but today when I double-click a word in my Greek NT it has reverted to opening Louw-Nida instead of BAGD even though BAGD is still prioritised in my library. Any idea what's going on?

Posts 21711
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 9:32 AM

Pauline Linton:
today when I double-click a word in my Greek NT it has reverted to opening Louw-Nida instead of BAGD even though BAGD is still prioritised in my library

Which word in which verse? Or is this all words?

Posts 9
Pauline Linton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 10:07 AM

Hmm, I was assuming it was a general problem, but you're right, only one word in one verse seems to be affected! - Which means it isn't really a problem. The word concerned is φιλονεικία in Luke 22.24. I'm guessing now the search function has a problem with the brackets which are around the ε in BAGD.

So, problem solved except for the few words with brackets in BAGD entries.

Thanks

Posts 21711
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 10:34 AM

Pauline Linton:
So, problem solved except for the few words with brackets in BAGD entries.

Interesting - I have the later edition (BDAG) and it does appear for the word you reference. 

But no brackets in the entry...

Posts 9
Pauline Linton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 11:15 AM

Must be the brackets that cause the problem then - slightly curious that BAGD ever but them in since this is the only use of the word in the NT and it does have the epsilon. Hopefully there aren't many words with them.

Posts 24704
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 4:28 PM

Pauline Linton:
Must be the brackets that cause the problem then

Please post a screenshot of the entry in BAGD, similar to Graham's. What resource/bible are you using as the source? Does it occur with other bibles?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS