Opening discrete windows

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Leslie Baynes | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 11 2014 9:01 AM

I'm trying to open separate, discrete windows of various Bible translations, e.g., Hebrew in one window, LXX in another. I can do this when my first window is open on the left. However, when my first open window is on the right 1) I can't open a window on the left; 2) no new, separate windows open; the first window that is already open just switches to the new language.

Could you please help me with these two problems? I assume there is a very simple solution.

Leslie

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 11 2014 9:12 AM

Leslie

Welcome to forums. There is indeed a simple solution to the problem. There are a couple of ways that you can do this.

1. Open the resources Hebrew and LXX. As you said they will open in the same panel. Right click on the tab of the second resource and click Float this panel. The second resource will open in its own panel and you can arrange it on the desktop to see both together.
  2. You open the first resource, say Hebrew from the Library as normal. Then locate the second resource in Library. Right click this resource and select open in new panel on the submenu. It opens independently in its own panel drag as before.
  3. To make this twin panel effect more useful. Link the resources by selecting the same Link group – say A. then the two resources will scroll together.

Hope this helps

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 37
Leslie Baynes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 12 2014 11:46 AM

Thank you very much, Alan. Once I give this a try, I will let you know if it works.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS