REFORMED PLATINUM bundle.. is this new?

Page 4 of 6 (117 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 116 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 11:19 AM

I've put together a short post highlighting the main details for these new Base Packages here.

Christian (who worked overnight to ensure things launched properly!) and myself will do our best to respond to your questions and feedback here. Some things we simply can't comment on publicly, but feel free to reach out to us via email or to Sales if you have pressing questions on upgrade costs, new resources, and so forth.

Thanks for your patience as we work out the kinks.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 11:25 AM

Mark Barnes:
Standard Gold + Reformed Gold might be a much better fit for many people than Standard Platinum, for example, and might be at a similar price point.

It looks to me like adding Standard Silver to whatever Reformed base package you pick might get the NAC commentaries for pretty cheap.  (But that is just a guess.)

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:11 PM

Super.Tramp:

Kliniac:

The resources still in production which we are expediting are:

Matthew Poole’s Commentary on the Holy Bible (3 vols.) *

Classic Studies on the Scottish Church History (11 vols.) *

Classic Studies on John Knox (15 vols.) *

Select Works of Geerhardus Vos (14 vols.)*

You forgot one.

The Works of Charles Hodge 

It is now a Pre-Pub. I will be happy to cancel it when I buy the Reformed Platinum package.

You have also missed the unmarked prepub in the package of:

J. N. D. Kelly’s Early Christian Doctrines and Creeds

My package cost $120 and for that I can cancel prepubs and community bids of $434 and have acquired new volumes with a list cost of $248.

What does confuse me is that:

• The JND Kelly volumes while still awaiting development on the product page have downloaded
  • The Divine Inspiration of the Bible by Pink is a new volume that has appeared that is not in the Pink collection (hope for "the Sovereignty of God" perhaps)
  • The six volumes of The Works of John Knox has appeared in my library, is this new or has it been around for a while?

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:20 PM

Mike Pettit:
The six volumes of The Works of John Knox has appeared in my library, is this new or has it been around for a while?

This has been around for years - predating even the prepub program, I think.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:21 PM

Mike Pettit:

Super.Tramp:

Kliniac:

You forgot one.

It is now a Pre-Pub. I will be happy to cancel it when I buy the Reformed Platinum package.

Westminster Confession of Faith, including the Larger and Shorter Catechisms (3 vols.) is still a prepub also.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:21 PM

Stephen McCracken:
I purchased the Reformed Platinum which includes the Crossway Classical/Classic Commentaries (26 vols). But my remaining commentary on Galatians did not download and is showing as still needing to purchased.

Kliniac:
Stephen McCracken, thanks for pointing that out. I will look into it right away.

Thanks, website shows it now purchased. Ipad has it available but for some reason desktop hasn't. I have closed down and restarted L5 desktop but still not Galatians commentary. 

any ideas?

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:26 PM

Why does the Exegetical Summaries Series only contain 24 volumes in the Reformed packages, when there are currently 27 volumes available?

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:26 PM

Randy W. Sims:

abondservant:
Remember the spreadsheet that was put out around the release of L5 that compared base packages across time? I can't seem to access the original one on google docs

Hi Ken,

It's still up and linked from the wiki. The link is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhAl790TopkhdHNsTnRLY1A2RU9OY3pDNHdqTHVpQ3c#gid=20 

For some reason it won't let me edit it anymore... I'll see if I can't find your email, and send you a copy of what I've done thus far.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:27 PM

Todd Phillips:

Mike Pettit:

Super.Tramp:

Kliniac:

You forgot one.

Westminster Confession of Faith, including the Larger and Shorter Catechisms (3 vols.) is still a prepub also.

The Westmister confession included in the package is https://www.logos.com/product/410/westminster-confession-of-faith-including-the-larger-and-shorter-catechisms-american-revision which is not a prepub, the edition you link on prepub is not included in the package.

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:27 PM

Todd Phillips:

Mike Pettit:

Super.Tramp:

Kliniac:

You forgot one.

That is a different resource. The one included in the Reformed BPs is this one.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:30 PM

Christian Locatell:

Todd Phillips:

That is a different resource. The one included in the Reformed BPs is this one.

Oh sorry.  I thought I compared the titles and they were the same, but I was certainly confused.

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:36 PM

We really really really need the Geneva Bible for this collection.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 1:17 PM

abondservant:

Randy W. Sims:

abondservant:
Remember the spreadsheet that was put out around the release of L5 that compared base packages across time? I can't seem to access the original one on google docs

Hi Ken,

It's still up and linked from the wiki. The link is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhAl790TopkhdHNsTnRLY1A2RU9OY3pDNHdqTHVpQ3c#gid=20 

For some reason it won't let me edit it anymore... I'll see if I can't find your email, and send you a copy of what I've done thus far.

Turns out the reason was I couldn't log in... Platinum, gold and silver are up on the "reformed" tab, and I should have at least platinum added to the omnibus page in another hour or so. Just need to finish adding Bronze and silver to the reformed tab.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 1:45 PM

Mike Pettit:

This downloads today when you buy the Base Package, but the ones marked with an * do not, as they are still in production. Once those who pre-ordered are notified of their option to cancel and upgrade to a Base Package, it will ship to those who pre-ordered that work by itself.

Faithlife

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 1:54 PM

mike:

Kliniac:

The academic discount should be working. If you have any trouble with your purchase, customer service will be more than happy to help you out. Let me know if this is still a problem for you and I will personally look into it.

does the price I reflected online already with the academic discount or do I have to call CS to get it adjusted? Because normally a "package" doesn't reflect with the academic.

it seems to me the price is still a bit high for the resources I already own..

Hey, I was told you connected with customer service on this. I checked with them too and you've been good to go with your academic discount. Call if you have any other issues.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:09 PM

Mike Pettit:

Christian/Gabe,

I'm not able to cancel my pre-pub of this, because it's not showing on my PrePub order page.

Mark

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:17 PM

So does that mean academic pricing does apply and I need to call Sales to do it, or does that mean the price shown online already takes academic pricing into account? I am getting mixed messages from Customer Service on this.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:17 PM

mike:
Mark, from your massive library... how much additional resources did you gain? and what was your dynamic $?

I've been able to download my purchase now. I have only gained 48 volumes so far, but there are obviously several volumes still to come — I think about 70 for me, as I already have some of Hodge.

As I mentioned before my upgrade price was $170, but I've been able to cancel $450 worth of pre-pubs/CP (I said $315 before, but I missed some). I've also knocked two items of my wishlist (the works of Knox at $100 and the Samuel Rutherford collection at $150). Admittedly those items were overpriced (which is why they were still on my wishlist!), but nonetheless, 120 volumes for $170, when I was already prepared to pay $450 for just 70 of those volumes is just a fabulous deal.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:29 PM

I notice "The Works of Philo" are listed twice; once under Ancient Texts and Morphologies and then again under ancient texts in translation... Are these two seperate resources? If not can we pick one spot for them and just include that the title has the translation with it? Just noticed thats how its always been done... Must be two separate resources.

Update on the Spreadsheet: ALL reformed packages have been added to the reform page, and also The "Ancient Texts and Morphologies" section has been updated with the data from ALL the new base packages.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:38 PM

Mark Barnes:

Mike Pettit:

Christian/Gabe,

I'm not able to cancel my pre-pub of this, because it's not showing on my PrePub order page.

Mark

Can you give CS or Sales a call to have them remove this, or I can look into it for you?

Faithlife

Page 4 of 6 (117 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS