Footnotes

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Kurt Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 19 2014 9:36 AM

I am wondering why sometimes when I cut and paste it makes the footnote at the bottom of the page and sometimes it doesn't -- in this case, I am looking to include footnote material for a seminar/lecture that I will be doing?  Any help would be appreciated.

PK

Posts 21847
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 9:43 AM

Hi Kurt - and welcome to the forums

Kurt Brown:
I am wondering why sometimes when I cut and paste it makes the footnote at the bottom of the page and sometimes it doesn't -- in this case, I am looking to include footnote material for a seminar/lecture that I will be doing?

In the cases when the footnote doesn't appear are you just copying a small amount of text?

There was a design decision taken to not copy the footnote in those cases. I can't remember, at the moment, what the cutoff point was.

Graham

Posts 4
Kurt Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 9:54 AM

Is there a way to turn the footnote feature on (even for a small amount of text)?  If it is just for my sermon notes, I can just record book, author and page but when I am presenting notes at a lecture/seminar I need to properly cite my source material.   Thanks, PK

Posts 21847
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 10:31 AM

Kurt Brown:
Is there a way to turn the footnote feature on (even for a small amount of text)?

I don't think so

I found a reference to an old discussion where the reason for this was stated - http://community.logos.com/forums/t/35742.aspx

Is this consistent with what you are seeing - that you don't get citations when you are copying less than 50 characters?

Posts 4
Kurt Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 10:41 AM

No - my quotes are not pages and pages, but definitely longer than 50 characters.  I just cut and pasted about 3 paragraphs (half to two-thirds of a page) and still no footnote/citation info appeared.  I am simply highlighting in a book that I am reading in logos and then using control c and then control v (going into microsoft publisher).

Interesting..... I just tried the same quote going into to a word doc and the footnote stuff IS there.  I guess I may need to switch to word doc (which is unfortunate since I know publisher so much better!!)  Any suggestions, let me know.

Thanks.

Posts 21847
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 10:45 AM

Kurt Brown:
No - my quotes are not pages and pages, but definitely longer than 50 characters.

Ok - glad we got that potential issue out of the way

Kurt Brown:
(going into microsoft publisher).

Just to clarify - sometimes pasting into Publisher works includes captions and sometimes it doesn't? Is that correct?

If so, is it consistent and can you identify a passage in a resource which doesn't?

Posts 4
Kurt Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 10:51 AM

My memory says that it has been inconsistent with Microsoft publisher (sometimes citation/footnotes appearing and sometimes not).  However, right now, I cannot get any citation information to appear in publisher at all (tried a couple of long quotes and still nothing).  Footnotes are appearing in microsoft word (even short half sentence quotes are getting footnote info).

Posts 21847
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 10:53 AM

I've just tried pasting into Publisher and I don't get any citation information

From a brief look on the Internet it appears that Publisher doesn't support this capability - but I'm not an expert in Publisher.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS