Staats - MetaData Problems

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 2 2014 5:35 AM

Peace and Joy in the Lord to:  The Good People of Logos!

AND!

to:                  my Logos Community Forum Sisters and Brothers ....

Just looking at some of the Gary Staats resources last evening and noticing some problems where it says Hebrew rather than Greek ...

This error or oversight or whatever it is ...........     is found in a number of Gary Staats Resources, including this one:

I am now -- herewith! -- bringing it to the attention of the Good People of Logos!

*smile*                               I would truly appreciate an acknowledgement so that I can be assured that this little labour in your behalf is "not in vain," eh?!              *smile*

Staats, G. (2010). Christological Greek Grammar: The Person and Work of Christ in Titus and Philippians. Gary Staats.

LLS:PWC77TIT

2013-03-12T23:31:22Z

PWC77TIT.logos4

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9281
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 7:16 AM

I have one of his works but not that one. What is the problem?

What do you think of the resource other than that?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 10865
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 8:51 AM

Bruce Dunning:

I have one of his works but not that one. What is the problem?

Bruce, the resource description Milford posted a screenshot of claims twice that Staats works from the original Hebrew text of the NT letters.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 10:28 AM

I added this to the Metadata page.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 12:55 PM

Hey, Good Neighbour, Bruce!                       I hope the sap is flowing very properly from the Maples in your area!             I hear you have a lot of snow and are hoping for a good quiet peaceful run-off this year!

Just love the country you live in, Bruce!           *smile*      My first Pastoral Charge in July 1962 was in Eganville and Golden Lake, Ontario - a number of miles East of you and a bit North, Just outside the SouthEastern exit from Algonquin Provincial Park where the Bonnechere River comes out of the park -- a three-point Charge with about 485 Confirmed Members ...    a real biggie, eh?!          *smile*  Three Services a Sunday!

No real problem with the Gary Staats' Works generally  .........           Actually like them!   ..........             simple Greek and Hebrew and really great for brushing up on my academic days ...

But this is a datatype or metatype problem (or something like that!) where it says Hebrew in the original when it's actually Greek in the original ...            I think it's a matter of carelessness -- or whatever! -- when this was typed up --   did you take notice of my screen shot?

no big deal, but should be corrected one of these days I would think!                 *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 12:57 PM

Thanks fgh and Mick!         Appreciated!         Indeed both of you are very much appreciated by me!             Blessings!                *smile*

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS