A deal you'll love ?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4873
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 8 2014 3:42 PM

Received a "personalized" offer today for a resource I actually don't own for a change, but I think the use of "A deal you'll love" was a little bit of an overstatement.  It was only 5% off the regular price which equated to $5.  I think to qualify for the usage of "A deal you love."  the saving would need to be much more significant than $5. I have no complaints about being offered a 5% discount, that's fine, it's just the hook used to excite me about the deal didn't actually match the deal being offered. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:23 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
 It was only 5% off the regular price which equated to $5.  I think to qualify for the usage of "A deal you love."  the saving would need to be much more significant than $5

First, I agree that 5% is no big deal. But this raises a good question.

How big a percentage must a sale be before it rates  "A deal you love." ?

I generally don't look if the sale is lower than 30%. If the item is not on my wishlist it has to be 40% or better to get me to go for it. I wonder what everyone else thinks.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:35 PM

Agreed. Typical marketing speak.

Posts 885
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:36 PM

Agree.  The 5-15% "deals" are not going to get me to jump.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 8849
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 8 2014 6:17 PM

Super.Tramp:
I generally don't look if the sale is lower than 30%. If the item is not on my wishlist it has to be 40% or better to get me to go for it.

Me too, unless the resources is something a really want.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 117
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 8 2014 6:41 PM

My Logos bookshelves are sagging under the weight of my present library. I think they would almost have to pay me to take another book. ... Or send someone to hand deliver it , and read it to me.

My Cup Runneth Over.

Posts 27441
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 8 2014 6:57 PM

I think to qualify for the usage of "A deal you love."  the saving would need to be much more significant than $5. I have no complaints about being offered a 5% discount, that's fine

Don't you have it backwards? $5 off a book I really want that is normally $5... I would "love" that deal. $5 off a book I really want that is normally $10... I would probably still love that deal. $5 off a book that is $100? Not so much. The amount isn't so much of an issue compared to the "value" of the deal percentage wise. Of course, $5 off of a $6 isn't a "deal I would love" if I didn't have a single buck to spare. Wink

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 8:34 AM

Super.Tramp:
I agree that 5% is no big deal.

In Sweden 5% is the minimum discount if you want to call it a Sale, display the price in red, and so on. Wish it was the same in the US. I've had Logos offer me 'sales' of less than 1%!

Super.Tramp:
How big a percentage must a sale be before it rates  "A deal you love." ?

I generally don't look if the sale is lower than 30%. If the item is not on my wishlist it has to be 40% or better to get me to go for it.

Sounds about right.

Rosie Perera:
Typical marketing speak.

Indeed. And stupid marketing speak at that. It makes people tune out, which means they may very well miss those times when there really is 'a deal they'll love'.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 6222
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 8:42 AM

Here's one you'll love at 50% off Yes

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 9:02 AM

DAL:

Agreed. Keep 'em comin' !

Posts 4873
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 20 2014 9:04 PM

Already owned that title so personally not one l love, but love the fact others have the opportunity to add it to their library at a good price.

DAL:

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 1:48 AM

Already owned that title so personally not one l love, but love the fact others have the opportunity to add it to their library at a good price.

DAL:

Yes, same here.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 1:48 AM

DAL:

Yes, same here.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS