OT: Infographics on Bible use and opinions in America

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18824
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 9 2014 12:39 AM

Just an excerpt most relevant to Logos:

The whole article (from Christianity Today): Do Bible Haters Now Equal Bible Lovers? American Bible Society Thinks So

Posts 9107
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 3:57 AM

I guess the Logos community might post different numbers if polled.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 5:13 AM

Might?  

Well maybe.  Despite all of the tech around me, I still prefer my leather bible in my hands for reading.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 10539
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 7:15 AM

The elephant sitting in the middle of the room, is that you can't easily glue the books of the Bible tabs on your iPad.  Plus if you cut into it to hide the tabs, it makes a complete mess.

Every since a child I wondered how the tab cutting machine knew where each book was?

Back to the thread, notice the K-J-V is the 'fastest growing' and 'most popular' version. That's immensely interesting (I'm referring to the far more sophisticated users' preference for the Evangelical Standard Version).

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 18824
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 8:54 AM

Denise:
The elephant sitting in the middle of the room, is that you can't easily glue the books of the Bible tabs on your iPad.

Who needs glued books of the Bible tabs when you've got these? (Android screenshot, but I'm sure iPad is similar.)

Posts 22273
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 9:04 AM

Rosie Perera:
(Android screenshot, but I'm sure iPad is similar.)

Certainly is

Posts 10539
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 9:06 AM

Obviously you don't have bifocals with the tiny glasses that are in style these days!  

We just installed a roll-around large magnifying glass in our kitchen.  Confuses our dog.

But I WILL say the Laridian one is really hard to spot. My favorite (Logos/Laridian/??) is 'Je' when there's plenty of room for 'Jer'.  Or 'So' there is.

Posts 27953
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 6:32 PM

Rosie Perera:

Who needs glued books of the Bible tabs when you've got these? (Android screenshot, but I'm sure iPad is similar.)

Well when the Android version uses an invisible format for the deuterocanonicals I still need to rely on the stick-ons.Zip it!

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18824
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 9:53 AM

MJ. Smith:
Well when the Android version uses an invisible format for the deuterocanonicals I still need to rely on the stick-ons.Zip it!

That's only because I have chosen TNIV as my preferred Bible for reading. If I had opened NRSVCE I'm sure it would have shown the deuterocanonical tabs. Can't test it right now because my Android phone is in the middle of trying to download my catalog and for some reason is taking forever, so I have no resources available in my library on it right now. Uggh!

EDIT: It finally finished downloading my catalog, 7 minutes later. Yikes! And yes, I can confirm that the deuterocanonical tabs are there in versions of the Bible that have them:

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 11:42 AM

MJ. Smith:

[Well when the Android version uses an invisible format for the deuterocanonicals I still need to rely on the stick-ons.Zip it!

Just for you, M.J., courtesy of the iOS app Smile

Posts 27953
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 1:01 PM

Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 1:13 PM

Rosie Perera:

The whole article (from Christianity Today): Do Bible Haters Now Equal Bible Lovers? American Bible Society Thinks So

I didn't see the format preference infographic in the link you posted.  Did they remove it when the "haters" were changed into "skeptics"?  (see the article intro)

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 10539
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 4:24 PM

Well, at least they didn't take away the haters.  Pretty soon the Christians wouldn't have enemies to love.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS