Logos 4.0a SR-1 & SR-2 Release Notes

Page 2 of 6 (105 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 104 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:45 AM

Earlier consensus considered that the NLT was indeed new.

Posts 13
Wes Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:07 AM

Any idea why I can't use Logos while the download of SR-2 is taking place?  It opens says it's stopped working and shuts down.  My home Internet is lite and this download is going to take a while at 844MB I guess it's back to V3 for a little while...funny how comfortable you with this program after only a few weeks of having it.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:11 AM

As I understand it the bug that hit Logos 4 on Dec 31 has something to do with the homepage, this could account for your problems using it. If you want to get SR-2 directly, cancel the download and run the update from http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:34 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
I thought I made it clear that I wanted the NIV rev. int. out first. Hmm. Wink

Me too! But thanks anyway!

Posts 73
Martin J Webster | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:48 AM

There appears to be a problem from this release. Logos 4 crashes when I go to open it!

I understand there is a fix for this problem, is it possible to get quick access to this fix, without having to wait for the Logos server to tell me about it and allow me to download it?

Thanks.

Posts 2320
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:49 AM

Martin,

I think Kevin addressed this two posts above.

Posts 11
Paul E. Zetterholm | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 11:11 AM

How do I view the indexing log?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 11:13 AM

Paul E. Zetterholm:

How do I view the indexing log?

To view the log, you have to have logging enabled. Look through the Wiki (link below) and find the entry for diagnostic logging.

If you have logging enabled, the log will be in MyDocuments\Logos Log Files\

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 449
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 11:29 AM

Well, my L4 stopped too, but the download is proceeding. So, hopefully it will stil update???

Posts 29
Clay Brisbois | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 11:37 AM

William J Cook:

Well, my L4 stopped too, but the download is proceeding. So, hopefully it will stil update???

Yep, the download is getting the update and then you can run the update install and it should start up Logos.

Posts 652
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 1:12 PM

I'm having problems doing Word Studies on basic words like "righteousness." "Righteous" pops up as a possibility, but "righteousness" doesn't even though "righteousness" is clearly one of the subjects in my dictionaries.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 1:55 PM

JeremyEllis:

I'm having problems doing Word Studies on basic words like "righteousness." "Righteous" pops up as a possibility, but "righteousness" doesn't even though "righteousness" is clearly one of the subjects in my dictionaries.

AFAIK, topics are still a work in progress. Some dictionaries are not completely tagged for topics yet, and this is how your partial lists are being generated. [sigh]

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 11
Paul E. Zetterholm | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 2:17 PM

Richard,

Thanks for the quick help.

Paul

Posts 5
Derek R. Iannelli-Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 2:46 PM

this resulted in a runtime error...  I would like to be able to use my purchase please this week when I am off to put together some new year study items while I have the time... thank you....  trying to maximize bivocational time off.... thanks for your help

Posts 5
Derek R. Iannelli-Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 2:48 PM

the key here is should....  the runtime error on mine says to contact the application support team...

Posts 2704
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 4:30 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Just looked at my indexer Log and see that there were some updates to the reverse interlinears. I also notice that the NLT NT RevInt is out now. Not sure if this is new to today, or not, but thought I'd report it.

Not happy it changed my default Bible to NLT as part of install, given that I dont use home page took me a bit to track down the problem/cause

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:56 PM

DominicM:

Not happy it changed my default Bible to NLT as part of install, given that I dont use home page took me a bit to track down the problem/cause

Didn't do that to me. Not sure why it would. I'll be interested to see what Melissa or Bradley say about this next week/year

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 11:09 PM

Anthony Etienne:
bigger than SR-1 (36MB+)  SR-2 is 882.1MB or so

I find it interesting that on my machine, I first had a large 882MB update and index. Then the next time I started it, there was another 36MB update. It is now showing SR2, though I didn't check in between the updates...

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 11:13 PM

I think the 800+ MB were interlinear resources being updated while the smaller update was SR-2...

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 652
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 11:26 PM

Otto S. Carroll:

I think the 800+ MB were interlinear resources being updated while the smaller update was SR-2...

Was the 800 MB worth of resources an overwrite or additions? I seemed to have lost about 800 MB worth of space and I am getting close to running out.

Page 2 of 6 (105 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS