Lexham Audio Bible charging for Shipping

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2311
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 16 2014 1:02 PM

According to the prepub page, the shipping is included in the prepub price, but I was charged $3.00 for shipping.

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 1:19 PM

Me too. I didn't notice that until you pointed it out.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2311
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 6:53 PM

I will call Logos tomorrow. 

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 9:40 PM

I was also charged shipping and tax.  Electronic deliveries are tax exempt in California so I'm not sure why this happened.

Posts 4873
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 11:16 PM

Erik a physical product is being shipped to you, not an electronic one as I understand correctly the product you ordered. The electronic version I'd free.

Erik:

I was also charged shipping and tax.  Electronic deliveries are tax exempt in California so I'm not sure why this happened.

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 11:58 PM

Eureka!  That certainly makes every bit of sense then. Big Smile  The only question then is why the shipping was not included in the pre-pub price as indicated on the product page. 

Posts 2311
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 10:09 AM

I called customer service and they are going to refund my shipping cost.  I don't know if there are any plans for this to be done for all purchasers, so I would call just to make sure.

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 1:29 PM

Ronald Quick:

I called customer service and they are going to refund my shipping cost.  I don't know if there are any plans for this to be done for all purchasers, so I would call just to make sure.

I would hope that we all don't need to call. It would be nice to hear from Logos about this.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 6:21 PM

I'm sorry -- this was an accident, and we'll work on fixing it right away. (We're mostly closed tomorrow for Good Friday, but should be able to address this by Monday.)

We did plan for this product price to include shipping, but our system has some automated support for auto-calculating shipping based on weight and address, and we didn't put an override in. We will find a solution by early next week.

Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

-- Bob

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 4:54 AM

Thanks Bob. I wasn't worried about it and thought that it was just some sort of oversight which you have confirmed.

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 12:49 PM

Logos continues to be one of the best companies I know to make things right after making a mistake. Here is the email I received this afternoon.

Thank you for pre-ordering the Lexham English Bible Audio New Testament. Your CD-Rom was recently shipped, and should be arriving soon. Regrettably, we accidentally added a $3 shipping charge to your order, when shipping ought to have been covered in the price of the product.

We’re very sorry about the mix-up. To make it up to you, we are refunding $3 to your credit card, as well as adding a $5 store credit to your account, towards a future purchase at Logos.com.  Please accept this gift with our apologies, and thank you for being a valued Logos customer.

Logos has gone above and beyond the norm once again. Thank you!

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 3:16 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Logos continues to be one of the best companies I know to make things right after making a mistake. 

YesYesYes

Posts 25
Colin Ware | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 5:46 AM

I received the email notification unaware the item had been sent (or I had been charged for that matter). What's more I will be able to spend the credit long before the item arrives. That is good customer service.

Posts 2822
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 7:43 AM

Bob Pritchett:

I'm sorry -- this was an accident, and we'll work on fixing it right away. (We're mostly closed tomorrow for Good Friday, but should be able to address this by Monday.)

We did plan for this product price to include shipping, but our system has some automated support for auto-calculating shipping based on weight and address, and we didn't put an override in. We will find a solution by early next week.

Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

-- Bob

As always, Logos makes things right.  A fantastic company!

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS