Forum Website Security Certificate Problem

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 119
Gary Mendenhall | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 18 2014 2:24 AM

Wondering if anyone else is having difficulty accessing the forum website?  I'm using Windows 7 and IE 11.  Attempting to go to the site I receive a message that states "There is a problem with this website's security certificate", and then "This organization's certificate has been revoked".  IE 11 does not give me the opportunity to continue on to the site.

I am now using Safari and it responds with a similar message regarding the certificate status but it does give me the opportunity to continue on to the site at my own risk.  Obviously this is what I have done to be able to post this message.

Any help with this would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Posts 143
Sam Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 3:29 AM

Me too - exactly the same problem using IE 8 on ... dare I confess? ... Windows XP. I switched to Firefox and no problem anymore.

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 4:22 AM

GM:
I am now using Safari and it responds with a similar message regarding the certificate status but it does give me the opportunity to continue on to the site at my own risk.  

I am experiencing the same thing.

Posts 8896
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 4:50 AM

I know other sites that have had this issue too and for them it simply was a case that they had not paid the fee to renew the certificate.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 5:39 AM

I cannot access the forums with ie11 or Chrome. Having to use the silk browser on my kindle fire HD. Hopefully logos will get the problem resolved quickly.

Posts 1887
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 5:49 AM

I'm getting the error in the latest Firefox. This is from Safari on iPad.

Probably Heartbleed related.

Donnie

Posts 2760
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 5:57 AM

Chrome works fine with no error. IE and Firefox will not work. I'm thinking that this has something to do with the Heartbleed vulnerability, and sites are updating their certificates. I'm not sure why Chrome works but the IE and Firefox won't.

Posts 7982
LogosEmployee

The forums should be using the latest, non-revoked certificate now. Please let me know if you experience any further problems.

Posts 2760
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 8:07 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

The forums should be using the latest, non-revoked certificate now. Please let me know if you experience any further problems.

I can confirm that it is fixed on IE and Firefox. Smile

Posts 97
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 8:33 AM

I had the same problem last night with IE11 and Windows 7 but when I tried it this morning it was fine.

Posts 119
Gary Mendenhall | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 8:44 AM

Everything seems to be working fine now.  Thanks.

Posts 8896
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 9:58 AM

I too can confirm things seem to be working now. Bradley, can you explain what the problem was?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2760
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 10:03 AM

Now the mobile apps are acting up. No verse of the day. Will write a post when I get to my computer.

Posts 7982
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 11:06 AM

Bruce Dunning:
Bradley, can you explain what the problem was?

The forums were moved to a new server last night; as part of that process, we enabled HTTPS on the forums server. One of the servers backing the forums had an old SSL certificate, which was causing some visitors to see "certificate revoked" errors. We've now replaced that with the latest logos.com SSL certificate.

The old certificate was revoked as a precaution due to the Heartbleed vulnerability (see our response here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/83374.aspx). There is no danger of your logos.com password having been intercepted if you connected to the forums this morning (even if you bypassed a "revoked certificate" warning) because it is never transmitted to the forums server (over HTTP or HTTPS).

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS