Unusual Numbers Next to Titles in a Search Pane

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 93
Brent Gay | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 30 2009 10:35 PM

I have noticed on a couple occasions when perusing through search results unusual numbers next to book titles (See below). This has happened with different searches and different books.

What is causing this?

Thanks,

Brent (running 4.0a SR-2)

Posts 26530
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 10:51 PM

I can reproduce the behavior - for example, a search on "apple" creates the issue in Drawing Close to God and Easton's Bible Dictionary. I think Logos will have to answer this one but it is likely an old format/new format type of thing.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 10:57 PM

I think these are supposed to be the page numbers or location references within each book where that search hit was found. For most of the hits, the page numbers or references make sense and are within a normal range, but I'm seeing some of those weird numbers too. In Preaching the Word: Hebrews Vol 1 & 2 I'm seeing page numbers like p. 20276. If I click on that particular search hit to open that resource to that page, and turn on "Show Page Numbers" I see the weird page numbers embedded in the text, too. For the Encyclopedia of 7700 Illustrations, I'd expect that number to be the illustration number, since it doesn't have page numbers in it. Maybe it's the word number or something crazy like that.

Logos should look into this. I think it's a bug. Anybody else think otherwise?

Posts 8016
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 11:04 PM

Brent Gay:

What is causing this?

This looks like a bug; it appears to be an internal position number that's getting displayed because a page number or Bible reference isn't available.

Posts 93
Brent Gay | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 11:10 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Do I need to formally submit this to the Logos feedback or will you handle the bug submission, Bradley?

Thanks again,

Brent

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 1:33 PM

Brent Gay:

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Do I need to formally submit this to the Logos feedback or will you handle the bug submission, Bradley?

Thanks again,

Brent

I'm not sure how Bradley handles bugs he sees on the Forum, but we've got a mechanism for making sure they don't get lost to us who reported them and want to track them. I've posted it on the wiki Logos 4 Bugs page and gave you credit for reporting it. You can check back there and see when it gets fixed or whether it is deemed not a bug after all or postponed or whatever.

Posts 223
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 3:20 PM

The same unusual numbers show up when you do a search in help as well.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS