From Heaven He Came and Sought Her, Amazing Price!

Page 2 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 71 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 11:06 AM

Finally on Pre-Pub...

https://www.logos.com/product/45336/from-heaven-he-came-and-sought-her

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 2:14 PM

I'm thrilled this is in prepub.  It's the only book I have suggested that's ever been picked up by Logos.  I am in.  Hope others see its value and jump on it too.

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 10 2014 8:03 AM

This is pretty close to half way now!  Hoping to get some more light on it to get it over soon.

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 7:07 AM

Looks like its at 66%!!!  Need some more to help push it over the edge!

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 8:09 AM

John Kight:
Finally on Pre-Pub...

Great news that this is finally available on pre-order.

Smile

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 13 2014 7:57 PM

This is now closeto 75%.  Just a few more for a definitive work on the subject.

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 9:11 AM

This seems to have stalled at 80%.  If you haven't gotten in on it yet you should, here is a list of authors:

David Gibson Jonathan Gibson J. I. Packer Henri A. BlocherSinclair B. Ferguson Paul Helm Robert Letham John Piper Thomas R. Schreiner Carl R. Trueman Raymond A. BlacketerAmar Djaballah Lee Gatiss Matthew S. Harmon Michael A. G. Haykin David S. Hogg Donald Macleod J. Alec Motyer ,Daniel Strange Stephen J. Wellum Garry J. Williams Paul R. Williamson

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 26 2014 6:21 PM

This book even has its own website:  http://fromheavenhecameandsoughther.com

Posts 1838
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 26 2014 6:40 PM

Everett Headley:
This book even has its own website

And Twitter account:  https://twitter.com/defatonement 

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 7:12 AM

For those who are jumping into new L6 items, take a moment and check out this book.  Place a preorder, no money now (compared to the cash you are forking out right now for new packages).  This is a work that is worthy of your $32.

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:06 PM

Looks like just a few more and we will be right in there!  Come on guys!

Posts 7
Ryan Hawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:17 PM

Thinking about it...

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 8:41 AM

I think today is the 2 month annivesary of this being made available on pre-pub.  I would strongly recommend that those who are still working through or want a better understanding of limited atonement/particular redemption/definite atonement put in an order for this massive work.   A look inside reveals its Table of Contents:

Table of Contents

1.  Sacred Theology and the Reading of the Divine Word: Mapping the Doctrine of Definite Atonement (David Gibson and Jonathan Gibson)

I. Definite Atonement in Church History

2.  “We Trust in the Saving Blood”: Definite Atonement in the Ancient Church (Michael A. G. Haykin)

3.  “Sufficient for All, Efficient for Some”: Definite Atonement in the Medieval Church (David S. Hogg)

4.  Calvin, Indefinite Language, and Definite Atonement (Paul Helm)

5.  Blaming Beza: The Development of Definite Atonement in the Reformed Tradition  (Raymond A. Blacketer)

6.  The Synod of Dort and Definite Atonement (Lee Gatiss)

7.  “Controversy on Universal Grace”: An Historical Survey of Moïse Amyraut’s Brief Traitté de la Predestination (Amar Djaballah)

8.  Atonement and the Covenant of Redemption: John Owen on the Nature of Christ’s Satisfaction (Carl R. Trueman)

II. Definite Atonement in the Bible

9.  “Because He Loved Your Forefathers”: Election, Atonement, and Intercession in the Pentateuch (Paul R. Williamson)

10. “Stricken for the Transgression of My People”: The Atoning Work of Isaiah’s Suffering Servant (J. Alec Motyer)

11. For the Glory of the Father and the Salvation of His People: Definite Atonement in the Synoptics and Johannine Literature (Matthew S. Harmon)

12. For Whom Did Christ Die? Particularism and Universalism in the Pauline Epistles (Jonathan Gibson)

13. The Glorious, Indivisible, Trinitarian Work of God in Christ: Definite Atonement in Paul's Theology of Salvation (Jonathan Gibson)

14. “Problematic Texts” for Definite Atonement in the Pastoral and General Epistles (Thomas R. Schreiner)

III. Definite Atonement in Theological Perspective

15. Definite Atonement and the Divine Decree (Donald Macleod)

16. The Triune God, Incarnation, and Definite Atonement (Robert Letham)

17. The Definite Intent of Penal Substitutionary Atonement (Garry J. Williams)

18. Punishment God Cannot Twice Inflict: The Double Payment Argument Redivivus (Garry J. Williams)

19. The New Covenant Work of Christ: Priesthood, Atonement, and Intercession (Stephen J. Wellum)

20. Jesus Christ the Man: Toward a Theology of Definite Atonement (Henri A. G. Blocher)

IV. Definite Atonement in Pastoral Practice

21. Slain for the World? The “Uncomfortability” of the “Unevangelized” for a Universal Atonement (Daniel Strange)

22. “Blessèd Assurance, Jesus is Mine”? Definite Atonement and the Cure of Souls (Sinclair B. Ferguson)

23. “My Glory I Will Not Give to Another”: Preaching the Fullness of Definite Atonement to the Glory of God (John Piper)

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 6:01 PM

Help us out. This is a great reference book. I have the hard copy and Kindle. Would love to have it in Logos.

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 7:46 AM

Looks like just about 9% left to get this thing over the top!

Look at what J.I. Packer says about this work:

“A massive product of exact and well-informed scholarship . . . with landmark significance. . . . I give this book top marks for its range of solid scholarship, cogency of argument, warmth of style, and zeal for the true glory of God. I recommend it most highly.”

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 6 2014 11:08 AM

What do you know about Limited Atonement:

“Limited Atonement” is the middle letter in TULIP, but as author and pastor Douglas Wilson explains, that name might give the wrong impression. “The problem with ‘limited atonement’ is that it makes everybody think ‘tiny atonement.’” And, of course, no good Christian wants to cast the cross-work of Christ as diminutive.

The better term, says Wilson, with a growing number of voices, is “Definite Atonement.” Same doctrine, better name. This way of putting it emphasizes the extent of Jesus’s accomplishment, rather than its restrictions.

Just a little bit more to go.  Help us get this definitive work in Logos.

Posts 29
David S. Daniels | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 10:01 AM

Are we really able to import Kindle books (or other purchased e-books into Logos via Personal Books?

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 10:16 AM
David S. Daniels:

Are we really able to import Kindle books (or other purchased e-books into Logos via Personal Books?

Yes, you can. However, you need to use something like Calibre to convert the file from its native e-book format, and likely break the DRM. Do satisfy yourself that you're not contravening any local laws by doing so! Smile
Posts 29
David S. Daniels | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 10:44 AM

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I fully understand about the need to ensure local laws are complied with. I am in Canada.

This means then, I assume, that the PDFs and other e-Books I have downloaded from places that make public domain classic titles available (e.g. Project Gutenburg, Internet Archives, Christian Classics Ethereal Library) can be imported to Logos through Personal Books.

Am I correct?

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 10:51 AM

Absolutely! You need to convert the file into a .docx file to allow Logos to incorporate it as a Personal Book - and it will likely need some editing to get the format you want. You can find out more information on the process here:

https://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books 

You could always head to the files forum, download a PB file someone else has created and shared, to practice building it as a Personal Book in Logos:

https://community.logos.com/forums/66.aspx 

Page 2 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS