50 Best Christian Books Ever

Page 5 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 84 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 7
Susan Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 20 2018 7:50 AM

Thanks for your reply Mr. Ramos.  It was a pleasure to read a mature response for a change because I evangelize online and frequently don't receive them.  There must be all kinds of issues that people encounter in being transformed by God.  I believe some people are just changed earlier than others in accordance with God's purposes.  I have been studying along with online Bible scholars for years to get my perspective of what God is doing in this world as accurately as possible and I believe the change starts with the individual but we do have a lot of incompetent ideas and the unbelievers and false prophets to contend with.

Posts 7
Susan Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2018 2:15 PM
Mr. Ramos,   God is the Potter.  We humans are the clay.  False doctrines are a major culprit in our understanding of Him. People can hardly establish a clear understanding of what God is doing in the world today so hang on His every word.  Most people don't do that.  They settle for the lesser truths and inaccurate logicizing of other people.  Just because what that person says seems reasonable does not make that God's explanation. There is a first resurrection of the Blessed and Holy people. This is the clay that agreed to be set apart Holy onto God and serve His purposes in this world.  But it could be a lot of Christians could not be as set apart onto God in their hearts and thoughtlives as they should be.  I have tried evangelizing many hardened unbelievers and mainly they shut down and refuse to hear God while they want to communicate corrupt ideas to believers.  We have to be so careful to guard our hearts because most people don't guard their's yet these people wander around in the world picking up false ideas and communicating them to others. Free will is a man made doctrine.  See Eph. 2 on it.  Men can do nothing to earn God's grace.  Many today have falsely substituted free will for the Absolute Sovereignty of God.  One of the major points of the Gospel is that we should be surrendering our old sinful nature including our wills so we can serve God's will so you may want to google and watch John MacArthur's Youtube video on Total Depravity.  Man cannot lift himself from sin.  Human free will is not equal to the task. That is why we are born from above by the supernatural labor of Jesus on the Cross.  I am sure you could be aware of this but the false prophets have been meddling with sound doctrine in the Church for a while now so be sure to review what God says Himself in the Bible to get the soundest doctrine.  That's why I mentioned Jones above and Ernest L. Martin.  Those men live/lived in the scriptures complying many fine key points from them.  This isn't just anyone's perspective we learn.  This is God's understanding and perspective of us. Blessings, Susan
Posts 7
Susan Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2018 2:18 PM

God Prophetically Named the Stars by Stephen E. Jones is an incredible work to read

Posts 583
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2018 3:25 PM

Thank you Susan for your explanations.

I do agree that man by himself cannot get to God. Yet I also believe in christian responsibility (different to free will). There are things we must do:

To become a part of the New Covenant, we were given some stipulations that are not optional:

Hear / read, understand, repent, pray, accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, Baptize in HIs name Acts 2:38, receive the Holy Spirit (guarantor of our inheritance), walk humbly with God, listening and obeying Him, completely preparing to walk in the good works He prepared before the foundation of the World for us to do those as per His instructions, aid in the rescuing of the lost either directly or indirectly. And of course do not blaspheme the Holy Spirit which is the only sin that will not be pardoned.

I find that many sheep are not versed in critical thinking, not many have sat to examine the doctrine that they have been fed, comparing it to the light of the Bible. 

To me that is a shame, because that was one of the key proposals of the reformation, and somewhere it was changed by doctrines and whole theological constructs (instead of the Bible's) who were fed to the sheep, sad, as it was done by those who first championed individual analysis to then compare to what a group prescribed.

While I agree with many of the tenets of Calvinism, the one I disagree with is that many persons interpret that Calvinists actually are affirming that God on a whim destined some to hell and others to heaven just because, in an arbitrarily way.

The little I know of God, tells me God would not act like that because He is a perfect judge, and a perfect gentleman (should it be gentleBeing better?), assigning someone arbitrarily to hell does not agree with the character and nature of God.

From what I have read, a lot of people reject Calvinism because of that perception, and embrace free will. (Some get to the point of saying that if is true that God arbitrarily designated some for hell, then that makes Him a moral monster. Obviously we know God is not that, so the doctrine is either misarticulated, or misinterpreted or both). 

I have other explanations of how each is responsible for a tare or Wheat status here on Earth, but that would be considered off limits if I explain it here.

Remember that the guidelines and the intent of the forums is the use of the Logos Bible software platform to study, clarify, amplify, etc. all this we are commenting about, and not really to express our own theological position. (I particularly have no problem of people sharing own theology to compare with different angles from other traditions and groups, but I did not make the guidelines).

If you wish to have an exchange with persons of different viewpoints you could start a group in Faithlife, where people could input important angles to different systematic, historical, Biblical and practical theology.

Blessings.

Posts 7
Susan Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2018 4:04 PM

Faithlife might be a good suggestion.  I will have to check it out.  I did not know the rules were so strict here but it is better to obey God than men. Auburn.edu, tentmaker,  the evangelical universalist forum, the Christian Universalist Association, God's Kingdom Ministries site, and merciful truth.com and becomingone .org all have a lot more  info on this topic.  Have a blessed day!

Page 5 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS