Any Journal News Update? (Collapse of the Galaxie and Logos partnership)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 27 2014 3:10 AM

A few months ago we heard officially that the partnership with Galaxie and Logos had ended.  There were also some statements made by Logos that plans were underway to bring the journals offered by Galaxie and possibly others into the Logos platform.  

Any update on how serious or imminent these plans becoming reality are would be helpful. Are we looking at weeks, months or years before we see something start to emerge? 

If need be, I'll dust off my Wordsearch license to keep up on Galaxie, but I would rather not maintain multiple platforms.

Posts 4900
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 27 2014 4:17 AM

I too, at times, would like to have a ballpark figure as to when or if certain things will happen, but Logos tends to shy away from such announcements because there are literalists out there who think every word is a binding contract. Hopefully Logos will give you some kind of idea, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 27 2014 5:01 AM

Yeah, I know I am on shaky ground. I figure it costs nothing to ask.  The problem is, the more time that marches on, the more acute the problem is. I have been digging through my journals this morning, grateful for some of the newer stuff that Logos has released, but also missing updates to the Galaxie collection.  I figure at least by asking on here, that someone at Logos might notice that there are a handful of us that are still expectantly hoping that as part of the research engine we would see some progress on this.  Journals are so very, very useful... love all the monographs and commentaries that are now digitised, but journals are one of the pillars to research.

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 27 2014 6:27 AM

Donovan, I am hoping Logos will be able to strike partnership with individual publishers, or maybe ATLA, and as a bonus, when a title is released in print, we can have the digital version no less than a month later.

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 27 2014 6:59 AM

I asked my sales rep a couple months ago if I should go ahead and get the Journals or wait. He suggested I wait because they would be out soon. But I take that with a grain of salt as they tend to have communication issues. Last week I emailed sales@ to ask for a New to Me report on Reformed Diamond and was told there is no such product.

Posts 945
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 27 2014 2:52 PM

Any update other than "we are working on it" would be welcome.  Some new thing about what to expect or when would be helpful.  As it is I long ago got a subscription to be able to read these online and canceled my pre pubs for the TJLs.

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 30 2014 4:38 AM

One more bump before this thread dies a quiet slow death. O.O

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 6:29 AM

Everett Headley:
Any update other than "we are working on it" would be welcome.

Yes, it would be welcome! Research without a source for current Journals does not work well!

Posts 945
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 7:28 AM

What I meant by my comment was that the summary of past answer to the questions "When and Where for the journals?" there has been nothing definitive.  As time continues with no Logos product for journals, I went to other sources for them.  I would greatly prefer to have them in Logos, but there hasn't been any update on what journals Logos can acquire, when they might be available or even a price point for any of them.  Therefore an update saying "we are working on it" does not inform on the situation.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS