Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
Joe Rose | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 4 2014 5:55 AM

Our OnScreen Bible feature only shows a Blank white screen in Preview and in On-Air mode . . . we can't use this feature at all, unfortunately . . . and it's one of the ones I'd like to us most :).  Any help is appreciated.

Posts 128
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 8:24 AM

Were you able to get OSB to work?

What you describe is how it looks on my desktop computer, but when I run Proclaim from my laptop on our projector, it works as expected. I haven't really figured out yet why my desktop computer - which is far more powerful than my laptop - does this. I have an external Wacom Cintiq tablet (which is a touch-sensitive tablet with a built-in monitor) on it, and it functions as a 2nd monitor, but it won't display OSB.

I just used it really for the first time in church, and I found it difficult to use. I was controlling the whole service from my iPad Air - which doesn't give a legible view of what is actually being displayed. It would be GREAT if you could actually read the Bible text FROM the OSB, but it doesn't work that way. You get a blurred image of it. What I did was take a printed text and mark where the OSB slides had to change so I could manually go to the next slide. I guess I'm not that coordinated - it was hard to read, watch for markers, and keep an eye on which slide to change to next.

I'm not using it unless I have someone else running the slideshow from our video/audio desk. I think that will happen pretty quickly, so it should be ok. I'm just trying to learn how everything works so I can train people.

So - I hope it worked for you on some level - I know it's after the fact, but 6 am on a Sunday morning is a bad time to be sorting out these issues. ALMOST as bad as me trying to figure Proclaim out for Easter Sunday... when I only got the projector/screen/video mixer AND Proclaim up and running on Wednesday/Thursday before Easter... yeah, that wasn't bright.

So - take a deep breath, look at it again. I think Proclaim is really decent software. It  may be a just a difference in computers or a way you set up the projector from your laptop (assuming that's what you use). You're aware of the function key sequence on laptops that changes what goes out to a projector, right? Again, I'm assuming you are and you use a laptop, but sometimes it's the simple things that drive you nuts!

Blessings,

Larry

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 8:55 AM

Seems like a graphics card issue to me. Maybe the drivers need updated?
What are the computer specs?

Posts 128
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 9:59 AM

Built it myself for HD video editing... Core i7 extreme, 24g ram, 512g SSD for OS and programs, 6TB for storage, 4TB for auto backup, NVidia GTX 580 graphics card w/2g ram on the card (1920x1080, DVI, driver up to date), Windows 7 pro (up to date also). For the main screen, I have a 37" 1080p color balanced and profiled LCD that I use also for showing videos in Bible studies and classes... Can you tell I'm a little into this stuff?

The issue is probably the second "monitor," a Wacom Cintiq DTZ-1200w tablet (also DVI connection). It isn't really intended to be used as a 2nd monitor, but it is that, as well as being a live, stylus touch-screen monitor/tablet. GREAT for Photoshop and Premiere Pro, and when I want a little extra desk space, I drag docs or program over to it and use it as a second space. The Wacom isn't a current model - though they just updated the drivers for it (nice!).

I noticed Saturday that my graphics card driver reports that while the main screen is HDCP-compliant, the tablet is not. I thought that might be the source of my issue (since OSB is essentially a video file), but another video I converted to use in a slide in Proclaim worked just fine on the tablet/screen.

I don't think it's a bug in Proclaim - it's really likely my tablet. I may yet stumble on some setting that fixes it... Or not... Just glad it works on the church's laptop/projector (Sony Vaio, i7, 1920x1080, Epson Pro 6550WU at 1080p).

Any other ideas?

Larry

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS