Bob Pritchett wrote the following post at Mon, Aug 1 2011 1:00 PM:

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 31367
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 12:56 PM

Donnie Hale:
. Come on, George - publish it already!

You realize he's waiting until events prove his interpretation is correct, don't you? Until then there's always one more detail to researchGeeked

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 2:09 PM

MJ. Smith:

Donnie Hale:
. Come on, George - publish it already!

You realize he's waiting until events prove his interpretation is correct, don't you? Until then there's always one more detail to researchGeeked

He's waiting until he's old enough to be taken seriously. Someone of only 39 doesn't appear to be seasoned enough to have something to say about Revelation that's worth listening to. Unfortunately, as soon as his next birthday rolls around, he turns 39 again so he cannot gain that grey-haired wisdom.

Posts 1079
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 7 2014 5:28 PM

MJ. Smith:

Bob Pritchett:

I just want to give a quick "heads up" about the PBB distribution terms. While you'll be able to build whatever you want with PBB, distribution will be supported via our Logos online systems. (Both from your personal page as well as from a central bookstore.)

The bookstore will make it easy to share content with others, and will offer the same cloud-based downloading, syncing, multi-computer use, etc. that Logos-created books support.

For this reason, though, Logos is going to have some content restrictions on the bookstore -- we aren't looking to create an editing tool, for example, that lets people create lower-quality and lower-price versions of public domain content we sell in high-quality editions, and then use our systems, servers, etc. to distribute them.

The policies and procedures aren't done, and we're still thinking through all the issues. But I want to point out early-on that the goal of PBB is to support "personal" use. This means you can do whatever you want for yourself, but if you want to use our systems to share/distribute the content, we'll be offering support for sharing your "personal" content, not for going into competition with Logos on public domain (or licensed non-PD) content.

-- Bob

Should I just "bump" this or formally ask for a status update? I've given it > 1000 days so I don't think I'm being too hasty but I am particularly interested in the "bookstore" aspect.

This probably isn't the best place to post this idea, but this post helped me think of it.

I think we might be able to use distributed personal books of public domain works to help encourage their development within Logos. What if someone took a PD book, like Arthur Pink's Sovereignty of God that gets passed around the forums, invested some time into it and shared it with Logos users (perhaps others could improve tagging and turn it into a community product).

Perhaps Logos could make the personal book distribution system one that has an agreement that allows them to use the community work to make an official Logos product at some point in the future. When they finish that work, the personal book disappears from the distribution system and no one is permitted to add that title again. Perhaps offer CP discounts to those who had downloaded the community book and charge full price to other Logos users.

We could help each other. Resources would get produced faster with our labor and then we'd get the products we want, we'd get great prices when resources were published, and I think there would be much rejoicing.

Thought of it because someone sent me a link to Matthew Henry's book on prayer and I thought it should be in Logos: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/35776

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 7 2014 6:17 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Not forgotten, but has been waiting for lots of other projects that deliver the required tech and back-end support... still coming...

The original post from Bob has been on my mind the entire time I've seen Faithlife and Vyrso under construction. Excited about the possibility if done right.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 31367
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 7 2014 6:19 PM

William Gabriel:
I think we might be able to use distributed personal books of public domain works to help encourage their development within Logos

An interesting idea. I like it especially for resources that have a small demand but are essential for that small group.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS