Gasp - Evidence Bible is NOT NKJV

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1700
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 5 2014 6:17 PM

The Evidence Bible: Irrefutable Evidence for the Thinking Mind

Buyer Beware - The title above is NOT the vastly superior printed version of the same title in NKJV.

What a shame...the notes would have been great to keep but not at that price.  I do not like the translation Logos/Mr. Comfort foisted off on us.

They should have made the NKJV version like my wonderful printed copy.

Sigh.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 6:28 PM

The text used in this Bible is a “Comfort-able KJV”—a sensitively revised King James Version, in which archaic words have been simplified to make God’s Words more understandable.

Scriptural quotations designated Amplified are from The Amplified Bible, © 1965 by Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids, Michigan. Used by permission.

Comfort, R. (2003). The Evidence Bible: Irrefutable Evidence for the Thinking Mind, Text. (K. Cameron, Ed.). Orlando, FL: Bridge-Logos.

===================================

The above is exactly what my dead tree version says.

Posts 27928
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 6:31 PM

2003 edition

The latter edition would have been published without the Biblical text as is standard for study Bibles.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 6:31 PM

JoshInRI:

I do not like the translation Logos/Mr. Comfort foisted off on us.

They should have made the NKJV version like my wonderful printed copy.

This is the original Evidence Bible. It is the KJV with archaic words modernized for a more "comfortable" reading. Ray Comfort calls it the "Comfort Version."  His notes make it worthwhile.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 10526
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 6:37 PM

And besides that, the NKJV was not approved by King James.  So, it's purposely misleading.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 119
Gary Mendenhall | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 5 2014 6:49 PM

Hi JoshlnRI,

Just incase you weren't aware I wanted to let you know that you could run the notes from the Evidence Bible along side of a copy of NKJV (if you own it) in the adjacent pane and match the link sets.  I know a newer release of this was published in 2011 using the NKJV text.  I purchased this (2003 edition) from Logos and run the notes along with the NASB.

Blessings

Posts 1700
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 4:54 AM

Thanks GM...I got a refund anyway.  Too expensive for notes despite how good they are.  I will just use my print copy of Comfort's NKJV.

Posts 6490
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 5:31 AM

Here is the link to it. The Evidence Bible: Irrefutable Evidence for the Thinking Mind

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1700
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 3:22 PM

I continue to hope they would just sell the notes from these Bible separately.  This was such a disappointment as the notes are worth having.

I didnt intend to begin a King Jimmy debate...I just prefer the NKJV and own the printed copy...so I hoped this electronic version would match up.

It doesn't and in my opinion suffers as a result...or rather we do : )

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS