What could be your suggestion?

Page 5 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 85 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 7:22 AM

David Paul:
All of this...done in the name of Lord Jeeeezus...

Mr. Paul,

You have one of the most unique and esoteric perspectives on these forums. For this reason I most often choose not to engage you or your ideas, including those in the rest of our post above. 

However, in this case I'm finding it difficult to let go of the above statement. The hardest part for me is your caricature of the name of Jesus, as some would say it, or use it (whether properly or improperly). When you take that Name that is above every name, the only Name by which we may be saved, and use it as the turnkey of a joke, in sarcasm, in cynicism, or even as a tool for the derision of someone (no matter how vile), it hurts me. He's done so much for me that I just can't read what you wrote without grief. Of course, it also hurts when charlatans use and misappropriate the Name. But it's a deeper grief to me when the faithful use that Name without remembering it's unique and sacred grandeur; it should never fall from our lips in such a way.

I'm not sure I expect you will understand what I'm saying, nor would I be surprised, if you turn my response back on me. Still, in this case, I will not let my response remain unwritten.

Rich D.R.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 10963
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 7:28 AM

Now Richard.  I'm not defending David, but I don't remember anyone busily defending David when his version of the name was under heavy attack from the 39 year old.

Who's kidding who.  As much as I don't even understand his beliefs, I don't get excited over liking/disliking a specific version.

It's a spelling, but it's also a Christian belief version.  If I used that phrase at home (where it's held in immense contempt), I'd be laughed at.  So I don't.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 2964
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 9:10 AM

Super.Tramp:

Schezic:
Now he wants to play the poor pitiful amputee card

As a double amputee, I take issue with your comment.  I wish you would accord a little more respect for others.

Dear brother, I am so sorry to be a cause of the inconvience,which has happend to you,though it was not my intention to happen like this. I started the thread hopping to learn from brothers and sisters in the Forums, but unfortunarely sometimes attack comes from no where ,from where you don't expect. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 4921
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 7:45 PM

Richard, though I don't see it in the same light you do, I will endeavor to not use the name you reference in a way that would offend you or others.

So, how do I see it? I perceive that (as you appear to acknowledge) there are some, quite a few, who "have a god" they call by the name you use. I also perceive that same God distances Himself from being their god. Though the names are homophones, they are not indicative of the same individuals. There are people who act like clowns and vaudeville acts who think their odd behavior is honored and commanded and appreciated by the Creator. It is not--those things are instead scheduled for eternal cessation. They use the same name you use, but they reference a false god...a god who does not exist. The God who does exist explicitly renounces them and their false god.

In Exo. 32:4, 5 the Israelites who rose up to play on the following day said their "party" was to be given in honor of YHWH. He was having none of it. Their YHWH was not Him. Jesus was a common name when Yeishuu`a was born. Not every person who carries that name is toting around a magical moniker of totemic value. YHWH is never stained...He remains holy through all. When pagans such entered and polluted His temple, He was not polluted. He has a sort of circuit breaker that distances Him from the various representations of Himself that He has authorized.

I wonder, Richard...are you offended by those who actually say the name that you honor (Jesus) in the way that I typed it? For you to be offended by what I typed in the earlier post, it would seem to me you would have to be. If you are, that's fine, but you should say so to them. They are the ones who make a habit of it. I also find it offensive, but not in the same way you do or for the same reasons. If the way they say it doesn't bother you, the way I typed it shouldn't either.

Finally, what I attempted to convey in what I just said above I also attempted to convey in what I typed earlier. Notice I said that what the clowns say and do is done "for his glory" (i.e. the glory of their false god)...and to these clowns He (Yeishuu`a) says "I never knew you."

David Paul:

All of this...done in the name of Lord Jeeeezus...for his glory...and He says "I never knew you." Mt. 7:23 

Though you and I no doubt differ in perspective and practice, I have the same sense of necessity to honor His name as you do. His Name is holy. But even so, when He chooses to flip the breaker, He makes a clean break, as Jer. 7:12 indicates (Shiloh had been reduced to nothing more than a plowed field)...and He says He will have cause for doing it again...and again. Jer. 7:13, 14 I don't see what I typed as being the Name of the Living Creator. In a sense, like Elvis, His presence "has left the building".

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 9:17 PM

Tes:
Dear brother, I am so sorry to be a cause of the inconvience,which has happend to you,though it was not my intention to happen like this

No worries. I feel a kinship with you. God gives me daily grace to live with my challenges. Also people like Milford Charles Murray pray for me. Angel

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2964
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 17 2014 7:07 PM

Super.Tramp:

Tes:
Dear brother, I am so sorry to be a cause of the inconvience,which has happend to you,though it was not my intention to happen like this

No worries. I feel a kinship with you. God gives me daily grace to live with my challenges. Also people like Milford Charles Murray pray for me. Angel

Thank You brother for your kind words.

Blessings in Christ.

Page 5 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS