Anyone have a physical copy of NICNT Luke?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 627
Ryan | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 12 2014 12:42 PM

Hi all, I'm curious if anyone has a physical copy of the New International Commentary New Testament (NICNT) for the book of Luke by Joel Green.

The reason I ask is that on my Logos version on page 652 there is a paragraph break and then the next paragraph begins with some missing text. (See image below).

I was hoping if someone with a physical copy could look it up and see if the typo appears in the hardcover edition as well. If so, I believe Logo's policy is not to touch it, but if it's correct in the hardcover, could someone send me the missing text so I could fill out a typo report (I'm not sure what to put in the "Should be" box).

Many thanks in advance.

Ryan

Posts 10555
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 12:52 PM

Ryan B:

I'm curious if anyone has a physical copy of the New International Commentary New Testament (NICNT) for the book of Luke by Joel Green.

The reason I ask is that on my Logos version on page 652 there is a paragraph break and then the next paragraph begins with some missing text. (See image below).

I don't have it in paper, but Amazon has a look-inside feature which allows search:

There's no missing text, but a duplicate paragraph.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2041
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 4:44 PM

Yeah, if you look at the original screenshot, just after where it says 652, it starts with the exact same words as those that come after the break.  

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 627
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 9:05 PM

Ah yes... Thank you Joseph and Mick... Didn't even think about searching the Amazon look inside and clearly I missed the duplication.

I think next time I will wait until I'm a little less tired and can think clearly before I make a post. Sad

Many thanks.

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 9:38 PM

I can confirm there is the quirk of the duplicated text in the Olivetree version as well... This seems very odd since such a obvious error should be removed even if printed in the initial copies of the book.

-Dan

Posts 2041
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 13 2014 4:38 AM

I wonder if it is an issue of page numbering.  If they take out the added information, then it would change the page numbers of at least a handful of pages, and this could create issues where people have cited information that would end up changing pages.  It might have been easier just to leave it.  

They could have just left the bottom of the page blank after fixing it.  It could also have been missed in the original manuscript editing process, so they could have felt the need to leave it.  Who knows?  It is very strange.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 14 2014 12:12 AM

I also have the print version and the duplicate text is not in there.  This appears to be a digital error only.

Posts 2545
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 14 2014 12:19 AM

Probably corrected on the reprint. The digital should follow, since this is quite distracting.

Posts 3220
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 14 2014 3:43 AM

the old NICNT on Luke is better https://www.logos.com/product/7457/new-international-commentary-the-gospel-of-luke , I have both, but NORVAL GELDENHUYS is the better commentary. 

Posts 1223
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 14 2014 10:58 AM

We've removed the duplicate paragraph. You'll see an update by the end of the month.

Posts 627
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 14 2014 1:03 PM

Great to hear - thank you so much Kyle.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS