Church of Christ Library for Logos Bible Software

Page 1 of 9 (161 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 160 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 17
Daniel Lange | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 15 2014 4:31 PM

We are looking for faithful gospel preachers, teachers, and members of the Lord's church who would be interested in joining a good cause to help establish an electronic brotherhood base package for Logos Bible Software. A group has already been formed on Facebook, as well as a shared notebook to begin putting together a prospective list of publications to be converted for use on Logos. If you are interested in joining this good work or would like to know more, please respond to the post and I'd be happy to give you more information.

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 4:37 PM

Not very familiar with the Church of Christ, but I encourage you in your endeaver. Have you looked to see if Logos already has any of the resources that you desire?

You may want to edit your post and remove your email address. Replace it with something like 

john at outlook dot com

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 17
Daniel Lange | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 4:57 PM

Thanks for the word of encouragement Lynden, and I'll heed your advice. I have looked, and Logos has very little publication from the churches of Christ. But again, I do appreciate your help.

Concerning the churches of Christ, if you are unfamiliar I would strongly encourage you to engage with her members and learn more about her. We also have many helpful resources such as www.thebible.net, or www.searchingfortruth.org, and www.apologeticspress.org, just to name a few. I'd also be happy to help you know more about the church of Christ if you're ever curious.

Thanks again for the help!

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 5:01 PM

I'd be interested. What is the Facebook page?

Posts 17
Daniel Lange | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 5:08 PM

Hi James,

Right now we only have a Facebook group. You can view the group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1485846511646120/

If you're interested, send me a message and let me know what you're thinking.

Posts 6321
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 5:27 PM

A facebook link would be helpful.

Also, Lynden here are a few resources that can help:

1.  The church of Christ a Biblical Ecclesiology for Today by Everett Ferguson I don't quite agree with some things, as I think (if I recall correctly) he believes the church was a "Plan B."

2.  What the Bible Says About series (All are great; Jack Cottrell highly recommended)

3.  College Press NIV Commentary Series

4.  Standard Reference Library

5.  Standard Lesson Commentary

6.  Solid Foundation Sermon Starters

7.  Standard Sermon Outline Collection (14 vols.) available in most base packages

8.  Bible Study Text Book Series I'm sure Logos can push this out as part of a base package instead of trying to push it out of prepub into production.

And there are other resources, but not that many.

DAL

Posts 17
Daniel Lange | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 5:51 PM

Sorry DAL, but I do not believe churches of Christ identify with Jack Cottrell or Everett Ferguson. There was a movement that spawned out of some churches of Christ called the Christian churches and Disciples of Christ, and to my understanding. I believe these men would lean toward a Christian church or Disciple of Christ view and identify themselves more in line with these groups, while maybe still holding to some views of the church of Christ. Jack Cottrell certainly does, and I would like to know more about Ferguson before I endorsed him.

Thanks for the help as well. Here is our facebook group... https://www.facebook.com/groups/1485846511646120/

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 6:15 PM

DAL:
here are a few resources that can help

Good list, DAL.

I would love to see a package for;

• Christian Churches/Churches of Christ
  • Disciples of Christ

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 17
Daniel Lange | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 6:31 PM

FYI to viewers interested in this post. Churches of Christ do not identify with the Christian church or Disciples of Christ or Churches of Christ that identify their origin in the "Restoration Movement." This forum post is for persons interested in contributing to a work for churches of Christ, EST. 33 AD (Cf. Acts 2). Thank You.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 6:42 PM

Daniel Lange:
This forum post is for persons interested in contributing to a work for churches of Christ, EST. 33 AD (Cf. Acts 2). Thank You.

Sounds like Independent Baptist.

Regardless,  I bet your resource list is real short.

Posts 3024
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 6:46 PM

Super.Tramp:

Daniel Lange:
This forum post is for persons interested in contributing to a work for churches of Christ, EST. 33 AD (Cf. Acts 2). Thank You.

Sounds like Independent Baptist.

Regardless,  I bet your resource list is real short.

I would be concerned about lack of demand, too, but maybe Daniel's denomination is bigger than I realize.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 6:47 PM

Daniel Lange:

FYI to viewers interested in this post. Churches of Christ do not identify with the Christian church or Disciples of Christ or Churches of Christ that identify their origin in the "Restoration Movement." This forum post is for persons interested in contributing to a work for churches of Christ, EST. 33 AD (Cf. Acts 2). Thank You.

The true church, dontcha know.

Posts 2910
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 7:19 PM

Is it the same with "faith church of Christ"? I know a church by this name(I have mentioned) ,they don't work on sundays.They don't even make shopping on sundays.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 17
Daniel Lange | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 7:37 PM

Hi Tes,

If you are interested in knowing more about the churches of Christ, i would direct your attention to earlier replies to Lynden, where I gave three links. In response to your reply, no we are not "faith church of Christ," since the New Testament never describea the Lords church in these terms. We are identified however as the churches of Christ (Romans 16:16), household of faith (gal. 6:10), body of Christ (eph. 1:21-22), etc.

Posts 26277
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 7:59 PM

Daniel Lange:
There was a movement that spawned out of some churches of Christ called the Christian churches and Disciples of Christ, and to my understanding. I believe these men would lean toward a Christian church or Disciple of Christ view and identify themselves more in line with these groups,

Hmmmm in the 1910's my grandfather attended a "Disciples of Christ" seminary to become a "Church of Christ" minister. "Clearly, finding a Biblical, non-sectarian name was important. Stone wanted to continue to use the name "Christians." Alexander Campbell insisted upon "Disciples of Christ". Walter Scott and Thomas Campbell sided with Stone, but the younger Campbell had strong reasons and would not yield. As a result, both names were used. The confusion over names has been present ever since." (Wikipedia)u

If you put the following search into Google (without quotes) "Restoration Movement site:community.logos.com" you will find a number of forum members from the tradition requesting books from the tradition and offering PB's from the tradition.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 8:01 PM

Daniel Lange:

We are identified however as the churches of Christ (Romans 16:16), household of faith (gal. 6:10), body of Christ (eph. 1:21-22), etc.

UmbrellaStorm

You and every other Tom, Dick, and Harry to pick up the book and see themselves in it. I wonder why no one ever sees themselves as Mt. 7:21, 23 or Mt. 13:14?

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 8:21 PM

Didn't Logos have a cyborg smilie at one time? (Or maybe that was a poetry website I used to be on...??) I wish they would widen the selection a bit.

Btw, you will be assimilated...resistance is futile.

Posts 10116
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 8:54 PM

I'd think if https://www.logos.com/product/16250/florida-college-annual-lectures could pass go (pre-pubs) or https://www.logos.com/product/9684/christianity-magazine then a collection would be good.  However I don't know if these received source subsidies.

I'd definitely vote for Homer Hailey for his volumes on Isaiah, Revelations, and the Minor Prophets.  I notice they seem to have appeal well beyond the churches of Christ (and thus supporting orders).

http://www.amazon.com/Homer-Hailey/e/B001KIXQIE/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1400212645&sr=1-2-ent 

Plus my favorite (which would never survive the Logosian pre-pub process):

http://www.amazon.com/Churches-Christ-20th-Century-Personal/dp/0817312803/

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 8:57 PM

Daniel Lange:
We also have many helpful resources such as www.thebible.net, or www.searchingfortruth.org, and www.apologeticspress.org, just to name a few

I took a look t these websites. I like what I see. If you can convince the copyright holders to publish in Logos, I'd buy the package.

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 15 2014 9:23 PM

<<Sorry DAL, but I do not believe churches of Christ identify with Jack Cottrell or Everett Ferguson.>>

i have been been a member of the Church of Christ for over 40 years,  and am shocked to hear Churches of Christ do not identify with Ferguson. I suppose we are going to vote McGarvey out too.

Page 1 of 9 (161 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS