Saving L4 Data

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 818
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:23 PM

I'm about to install a new HD and start from scratch.

How do I save things like Visual Filters etc? If there are .db files somewhere with all that in, could someone remind me where it is?

If this is all on the WIKI etc, that's fine - I'm just back from holiday, and running round like a madman to save data before my HD conks out completely.

Ta
Richard

Posts 130
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:46 PM

The following instructions will save you doing an re-install from scratch. You can backup your resoources/indexes,etc to an external HD and then restore it to the new HD.

* copy all folders under ...\Logos4\Data\{random}\ from working installation to an External drive

* download Logos4 from 

http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LDLS4Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

* choose Custom installation if you want to install in a folder of your choice

* Sign-in and Cancel the download when it finally starts (after some preparation)

* Pause Indexer and kill Logos4Indexer.exe in Task Manager ++

* Close Logos4

* delete all folders under  ...\Logos4\Data\{random}\

·        copy folders from external drive to above location

·          Delete ...\Logos4\Data\{random}\ResourceManager\ ResourceManager.db

* start L4

The ResourceManager.db is automatically rebulit when you start L4. I have found that necessary since the install folder is randomly assigned by the system and seems to be in that db. I have successfully used this procedure three times. The procedure isn't mine, it cam from Dave Hooten orginally.

All of you visual filters, reading plans, notes, etc are either in these folders are on the Logos web site. If you are not running with Internet enabled, I suggest you run the command Sync Now before wiping out the old HD to insure that the server have those files.

Posts 27224
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:24 PM

Robert J Smith:
The procedure isn't mine, it cam from Dave Hooten orginally.

I have an updated procedure at http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers. I recommend Method 3 as the safest but it does involve indexing.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 818
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 5:42 AM

OK thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS