To the person who updated the Creation page with multiple creation science sites

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33795
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:56 PM

I have gone through and changed the format of your URL additions so that the name of the site is given and the URL is merely a link. However, someone at Logos might want to review your entries - it was my understanding that we were to add links to specific articles rather than general sites.  But thank you for participating in the building of topics.logos.com

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 12:01 AM

MJ. Smith:

To the person who updated the Creation page with multiple creation science sites

It was Dave Dunkin. You can see who has edited a Topics or Wiki page by clicking on the History link at the upper right of that page. It will show the differences for each person who's edited it when you click on the page title link for that revision number, so you can see who did what. No hiding behind walls of apparent anonymity! Smile

I haven't been using topics.logos.com at all, but just a quick look at the main page tells me that maybe the main list of topics should be kept in alphabetical order or it's going to become very unwieldy before long. I wonder if this is something that could be done automatically with the nifty sorting code that sorts the bug reports on the Wiki? I don't understand how it works, but maybe someone who does could mess around with it.

Posts 33795
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 12:07 AM

Rosie Perera:
at the main page tells me that maybe the main list of topics should be kept in alphabetical order

It is in alphabetic order under the view all pages option which I use primarily when running it against the Jewish Encyclopedia ...but I've given up being methodical.Smile

Rosie Perera:
You can see who has edited a Topics or Wiki page by clicking on the History link at the upper right of that page.

Yes, I knew who it was but didn't want to bring attention to him ... or any of the others, out of concern it would discourage participation.  I have no authority for going in and fixing things but the individuals who had come close I thought could learn from the modifications I made ... and, I hope, gain confidence to make more contributions. Happy New Year - I hope the first 6 minutes have been great and the rest will follow the pattern.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 33795
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:48 AM

Rosie Perera:
but just a quick look at the main page tells me that maybe the main list of topics should be kept in alphabetical order

Ah, you meant the reading list page within Logos rather than the wiki ... oops.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 7:30 PM

MJ. Smith:

Rosie Perera:
but just a quick look at the main page tells me that maybe the main list of topics should be kept in alphabetical order

Ah, you meant the reading list page within Logos rather than the wiki ... oops.

No, I meant the main topics.logos.com wiki page. This is not in alphabetical order, and people might not know to click on All Pages. Besides, "All Pages" loads very slowly because there are so many items in the list, most of them empty nodes for now.

I just realized that the list there is showing Recently Edited topics, though, so it makes sense that it's not alphabetical. But it would be helpful if there were a list of all pages that have any content so far. I'm not going to go exploring clicking on random topics to find ones that might have interesting info. I suppose the Recently Edited ones are guaranteed to have info, but I'd like to see a list of all such ones. Wishful thinking...?  (Yes, techie that I am I know I can view All pages and sort by Rev # and surmise that the ones that have a Rev # > 1 have actual content. But the average user won't know to do that.)

Posts 33795
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 7:43 PM

I think the intended retrieval is all within Logos 4 itself. When one enters a topic as a basic search, if there is data the topics.logos.com date appears along with a link to the reading list. If one goes to reading list under tools one gets the equivalent to a browze function - plus if you have started reading on any lists it will keep them "open" for you. "Magnificat" is a good example or "covering of the head" (done by a Mennonite, I guessing). The only reason to go directly to the wiki is for updating it - which must begin with a search if we are to avoid odd duplicates (odd as in weird)

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 8:15 PM

MJ. Smith:

I think the intended retrieval is all within Logos 4 itself. When one enters a topic as a basic search, if there is data the topics.logos.com date appears along with a link to the reading list. If one goes to reading list under tools one gets the equivalent to a browze function - plus if you have started reading on any lists it will keep them "open" for you. "Magnificat" is a good example or "covering of the head" (done by a Mennonite, I guessing). The only reason to go directly to the wiki is for updating it - which must begin with a search if we are to avoid odd duplicates (odd as in weird)

Wow, cool! I had no idea there was any link from Logos to that site. There isn't for the regular wiki, so how would I have known? I guess I haven't stumbled upon this in any of my searches. Thank you!

Posts 33795
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 8:53 PM

Rosie Perera:
Wow, cool! I had no idea there was any link from Logos to that site.

I know - there seemed to be about four of us who had made the connection and been working on the wiki. The instructions still have a few holes but finally some of the people trying to update it have really good resources to share and are close enough to "standard" format that I assume if I add the housekeeping detail they be off and running soon. I've been "playing cop" without authorization to make sure that others run into examples that work both for topics and reading lists. Today, for example, several lists have been added by a "newbie" - see Prevenient Grace.

And thanks to the search, I've removed all my own goofs today.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:40 PM

MJ. Smith:

I've been "playing cop" without authorization... 

That's what wikis are all about. I'll try to join you when I find some more time, but I'm already maxed out on what time I can spend on Logos and the forum and the wiki. And I haven't even begun to make PBBs, but that's also something I'll want to do once the capability comes along for L4. I don't think it's worth my time learning how to do it for L3 since the process is likely to be different.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS