Gordon Fee on 1 Corinthians

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 341
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 18 2014 4:59 AM

If you have the Logos version of Gordon Fee's commentary on 1 Corinthians, can you check something for me?

In the section of 1 Cor 15:39-41 there is a chiasm layout.

Under A' (the last line) does "start' appear twice for "star"?

Thank you

Stephen Miller

Syudney, Australia

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 5:05 AM

Stephen Miller:

If you have the Logos version of Gordon Fee's commentary on 1 Corinthians, can you check something for me?

In the section of 1 Cor 15:39-41 there is a chiasm layout.

Under A' (the last line) does "start' appear twice for "star"?

I've entered a typo report here.

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 341
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 6:01 AM

HansK

Thank you for entering the typo.

Stephen

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 6:41 AM

Also "starts" in the line right above that, and "differes" in A'. My what a bad typist, and bad editing job! Typos reported.

Posts 3024
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 3:28 PM

Good catch. Luckily it's not in the printed version. Much harder to change that, unless of course whiteout is still around.

mm.

Posts 4753
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 4:01 PM

Milkman:

Are you sure that's not milk, man?

Posts 3024
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 7:05 PM

Hate to drink that stuff. Looks more like 33% whip cream. I would hate to see milk spilled - there goes my profit.

David Paul:

Milkman:

Are you sure that's not milk, man?

mm.

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 7:09 PM

Don't cry over spilled milk. Or spilled Wite-Out.

Posts 3024
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 7:24 PM

tougher to clean up the spilled whiteout. Much easier to clean up the spilled milk. I carry a kit of cats with me just in case I slip on some ice or trip over a lawn chair in the early morning hours.

Rosie Perera:

Don't cry over spilled milk. Or spilled Wite-Out.

mm.

Posts 341
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 18 2014 11:49 PM

Fee five fo-rum

Milk is spilled diddle de dum

Was it a "star" or was it a "start"?

Let's fix Gordon's chiasm chart.

Stephen

Sydney, Australia

Posts 10486
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 19 2014 4:04 AM

Milkman:
I would hate to see milk spilled

Remembering the days before milk was placed in plastic jugs. Was riding with my uncle when he hit a patch of black ice. He did not hit anything, but the truck made a 720 degree turn in the road. Good thing for us that the dairy had installed a partition between the driver and cargo Geeked (My father's truck was all open as he had the residential route while his brother served the commercial customers).

Posts 3024
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 19 2014 4:10 AM

Stephen that's pretty good.

Stephen Miller:

Fee five fo-rum

Milk is spilled diddle de dum

Was it a "star" or was it a "start"?

Let's fix Gordon's chiasm chart.

Stephen

Sydney, Australia

mm.

Posts 3024
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 19 2014 4:35 AM

I haven't done a 720 - yet - but just the minor sliding and skidding either in the winter or spring times. I used to do a route just outside the city. Did homes with very large lots called 'acreages.' They took lots of product but it was a pain to spend so much time driving around. I remember one time during a winter storm where I cut a corner too close and slid part way down the bank. As 'luck' would have it, a tow truck driver was just coming my way. She pulled me out and didn't charge me anything. I think I may have lost some milk that time. I don't carry plastic jugs, can't make enough money off of them, so I carry the 2 liter and 1 liter cartons. 

Well, here in Canada and by the way Happy Victoria Day Canada we have our first official long weekend. Lots of celebrations, people opening up cottages or otherwise just taking in the long weekend.

Jack Caviness:

Milkman:
I would hate to see milk spilled

Remembering the days before milk was placed in plastic jugs. Was riding with my uncle when he hit a patch of black ice. He did not hit anything, but the truck made a 720 degree turn in the road. Good thing for us that the dairy had installed a partition between the driver and cargo Geeked (My father's truck was all open as he had the residential route while his brother served the commercial customers).

mm.

Posts 10486
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 19 2014 9:08 AM

Milkman:
I don't carry plastic jugs

Found a picture on eBay of the bottle we delivered soon after my father and his brother returned from military service in 1946 (I was 9)

To get this discussion somewhat back on track, I am pleased to have Fee's 1 Corinthians commentary. Being a cessationist  I will be interested to read his take on chapters 12-14—a smiling cessationist that is Geeked.

Posts 178
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 19 2014 7:20 PM

Smiling cessationists are the best kind of cessationist.(Though I am not a cessationist, I appreciate the ones who can hear my side, and yet even though they disagree with me, it is amicably.)

Posts 12
David De Haan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 20 2014 5:59 AM

Spilled milk, spilled white out... in all things be thankful.

- while not milk or white out, here is an example of a dogged right attitude: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=604775426257928  

Posts 3024
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 20 2014 8:27 AM

How cool is that! Now if our kids could do the same. I'm sure my wife, who is now watching the link I just sent her, is saying the same about me.

Thanks for the video. We have a golden as well.

mm.

David De Haan:

Spilled milk, spilled white out... in all things be thankful.

- while not milk or white out, here is an example of a dogged right attitude: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=604775426257928  

mm.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS