Venue 8 Pro and Logos 5

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 41 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 15
John McWilliams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 7:52 AM

This is a great thread.  Thought I'd throw in my year long experience with the Dell Venue 8 Pro to assist anyone thinking of buying one or a similar device.  My library would not fit on my 32Bg V8P so I used a SD card.  This worked OK on and off but was not really stable.  Inevitably Indexing would fail.  Also the SD card would just disappear as a drive with the only resolution being to reseat the card.  So recently, I traded in my 32Gb V8P and bought a used 64Gb version. This has solved all the issues I had and has worked beautifully.

So, my personal recommendation to anyone considering buying a Bay Trail Windows tablet would be to be sure you get one that has 2GB of RAM and at least a 64GB eMMC primary drive.  I would stay away from the newer HP and Dell devices that have cut the RAM back to 1GB and only have 32GB eMMC drives. YMMV.

Having said all that, once you've used one teaching you will love it.  I can lay out my V8P with the Dell keyboard and a BT mouse on a standard podium.  I can flip between Logos, Web, PowerPoint, You Tube etc as I teach.  Additionally I am using  Netgear PTV3000 to wirelessly transmit to my projector (this works great for static images - for video I hardwire).

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 8:13 AM

I can confirm all you said. Especially :

John McWilliams:
So, my personal recommendation to anyone considering buying a Bay Trail Windows tablet would be to be sure you get one that has 2GB of RAM and at least a 64GB eMMC primary drive. 

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS