Suggestion or perhaps only a Question: associating a diagram to a scripture passage

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 18 2014 7:23 PM

Some sentence diagrams that I have downloaded from Faithlife do not appear in the search results for the relevant passage. Is there a way to associate a diagram to a Biblical passage on an existing document as opposed to recreating the document?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 18 2014 5:58 PM

MJ, can you link me to one of the diagrams so I can attempt to replicate the behavior?

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 18 2014 6:50 PM

https://faithlife.com/logos-sentence-diagrams/documents see NLT Eph 4

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 19 2014 8:22 AM

I was able to replicate what you're seeing at first, but after creating my own Sentence Diagram, and a note on an overlapping reference (which hasn't yet shown up in search results strangely enough) both the Sentence Diagram that I downloaded (the same one you referenced) and the one I made showed up.

I don't know if it was a result of the downloaded one needing to be indexed into the system in some way, if I needed to create my own Sentence Diagram that covered the same reference, or if the note I made on the same reference impacted being able to do it.

Can you see if making your own (not necessarily altered) sentence diagram and waiting a few minutes causes the one you downloaded to show up in search results?

Edit: The note I made did eventually show up. I now think it is likely that the SD I downloaded just needed time to index in the background or for some reason making another SD on an overlapping reference did it. How long did you wait after downloading the SD and checking search results? It took somewhere between 5-10 minutes (maybe more I didn't count) for the note I made to show up.

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 19 2014 12:55 PM

Tommy Ball:
How long did you wait after downloading the SD and checking search results?

About a year and a half. I'll try re-downloading it and see if it is left-over from a bug that has already been fixed.

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 8:36 AM

MJ. Smith:
About a year and a half.

In the year it has been downloaded you haven't seen it show up in search results of words that are in that verse?

Let me know if deleting and re-downloading doesn't get it to show up. Like I said it took ~5-15ish minutes for it to show up in search results for me.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS