BUG: Compare text on Ps. Solomon

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28762
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 19 2014 5:22 PM

1. Begin with the GO box for default layout.

2. Compare Versions in the Passage Guide simply uses the default Bible priorities although most Bibles do not include the book.

3. Text Comparison tool uses the LXX  priorities which is a more desirable action ,,, despite some oddities.

4. The default LXX Bibles also are the Bibles provided in the top center pane.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 20 2014 9:55 AM

Tongue Tied

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 20 2014 11:54 AM

MJ. Smith:
2. Compare Text in the Passage Guide simply uses the default Bible priorities although most Bibles do not include the book.

Perhaps I'm just confused, but is this different than the behavior you reported in http://community.logos.com/forums/t/84678.aspx? (In regards to the Compare Versions section). There it was showing LES when it shouldn't, and now it's showing the other stuff when it shouldn't, both stemming from Bible prioritization issues. Could you clarify?

fgh - Were you indexing at the time? I got a blank CV pane while indexing, and until I had LES prioritized I only had a single dot for the Psalms of Solomon passage guide.  

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 28762
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 20 2014 12:45 PM

Dylan Rondeau:
but is this different than the behavior you reported in http://community.logos.com/forums/t/84678.aspx? 

What I am pointing out here is that the Text Comparison tool doesn't use the default Bibles but default LXX Bibles so that the Tool and the Passage Guide (Compare Versions) have different behavior ... the Tool being the more intelligent of the two.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 20 2014 1:00 PM

Dylan Rondeau:
fgh - Were you indexing at the time?

Nope.

Dylan Rondeau:
until I had LES prioritized I only had a single dot for the Psalms of Solomon passage guide

Prioritized LES and refreshed the section. It still looks the same.

MJ, I think you would be less confusing if you called the PG section Compare Versions and the tool Text Comparison, as they are actually named.Wink That said, I agree with you. LXX Bibles are more useful than default Bibles for texts like this, and should be used in both places.

And now my BUG 5.1b SR2: No F7 Text Comparison bug is back as well...Sad

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 28762
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 20 2014 1:22 PM

fgh:
confusing if you called the PG section Compare Versions and the tool Text Comparison, as they are actually named.Wink

mea culpa

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 20 2014 1:41 PM

I've made a case for this behavior.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 28762
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 26 2020 12:56 AM

bug to note

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS