Error every single time I post

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 18885
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 22 2014 5:59 AM

This used to come up sporadically, and I thought it was fixed. But now every single time I post I get this error, even though the post did go through:

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

Posts 295
LogosEmployee
Toby Steele (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 22 2014 7:54 AM

Hi, Rosie. We have an active case for this issue. I'll make sure a link to this forum post is in the case so that you will be updated once it's fixed.

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 23 2014 8:23 AM

Toby Steele:

Hi, Rosie. We have an active case for this issue. I'll make sure a link to this forum post is in the case so that you will be updated once it's fixed.

Several comments on this persistent error appear in this thread Test post

Now, this one posted without the error message. We'll see what happens with this edit.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 23 2014 8:28 AM

Rosie Perera:

This used to come up sporadically, and I thought it was fixed. But now every single time I post I get this error, even though the post did go through:

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

Yes, I have been experiencing the same problem the last day or two.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 18885
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 25 2014 2:00 PM

Seems to be fixed now. At least I've been able to post a few times today with no error.

Posts 51
LogosEmployee
Joel Garboden (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 25 2014 6:24 PM

That's great to hear, I'm glad one of the 10 things I changed made things better!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 25 2014 7:11 PM

Joel Garboden:
I'm glad one of the 10 things I changed made things better!

Smile That implies the other nine changes did not fare as well.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 51
LogosEmployee
Joel Garboden (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 25 2014 9:26 PM

Most of them were best practice sort of things, so not neccesarily failed attempts. :)

How is forums performance? Everything is on dedicated servers since Friday at 11:30 PM PST.

Posts 18885
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 25 2014 9:48 PM

Joel Garboden:
How is forums performance?

Quite a bit better, but it still takes 3 seconds to load the home page. Slower than CNN's more complex home page with all its images and such (2 sec). But definitely usable now. It used to take 15+ seconds.

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 23 2014 2:20 PM

Rosie Perera:

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too

Been getting this error for a few days now with the same exact effect Rosie had, i.e. the post went through, but it not only takes a while, but I am constantly revisited by that message time and time again.

Any fix?

Posts 51
LogosEmployee
Joel Garboden (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 23 2014 2:42 PM

I'm still working on this issue, the code that's causing the errors was not created nor modified by us; I'm working on exposing the issue... it's just a bit more complicated than last time.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS