L4.0a SR-2 What Happened to my NASB (1977 version)

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 46
Dale Durnell, Retired | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:45 AM

When we started with L4, even during beta testing, I had both my NASB and my NASB 1995 update. The earlier NASB was not always the easiest to locate, possibly because it was based on the older file system and had no cover icon to display. Nevertheless, it was there. Now, this morning. I was working on a default, startup, desktop arrangement and wanted my NASB in my Bible pane; however, I while I certainly have the NASB 1995, I no longer find the NASB.

I've looked all over the Library for New American, New American Standard, American Standard, Lockman, and while the NASB 1995 continually shows up, the older version based on the lls/lix file system no longer appears.

Any suggestions?

Dale

P.S. Have a really great, and blessed, New Year.

Blessings,

Dale Durnell

Coming to you from Henryetta Oklahoma (45 miles south of Tulsa, and 85 miles east of OKC)

Posts 3677
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:23 AM

Confirmed.

I don't want to lose any resources, either, in the migration to L4. What gives?

Update: It's there.

BUG: Typing "NASB" doesn't find it in the Library.

Typing "New American Standard Bible" does.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:26 AM

Rev Dale L Durnell OSL:
Any suggestions?

I assume you can't find it in your library. Have you tried searching for it through via a basic search?

It's hard to find, but I managed to narrow down the search results by doing a Basic search for "american standard" searching Bibles - English - primary. I don't have the NASB (77), but it should find it, if it's there. If you do find it, you may want to put it on your short-cut bar for easy access later.

EDIT: Sometimes the Library will discard entries that seem duplicated, so you'll only see one, when two could be there. If this is the case here, and you can find your NASB (77), we should report this as a bug.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:33 AM

Mine is still there.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:38 AM

Bill Stonebraker:

Update: It's there.

BUG: NASB won't find it.

New American Standard Bible will find it in the Library.

Ah man, that was so much easier than my solution.

Posts 3677
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:50 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
Ah man, that was so much easier than my solution.

But if I had just bothered to read your post instead of still looking for a solution, I'd have had one! (LOL)

Blessings to you, Rich, & thanks for all you do for us.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:54 AM

Bill Stonebraker:
Blessings to you, Rich, & thanks for all you do for us.

Yes

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 12:10 PM

Rev Dale L Durnell OSL:

I've looked all over the Library for New American, New American Standard, American Standard, Lockman, and while the NASB 1995 continually shows up, the older version based on the lls/lix file system no longer appears.

I don't think it's (NASB77) there! I've looked through my entire library (Platinum) using all the above suggestions and still can't find it. I even looked at the comparision page of various Logos packages and it's not even listed there. Interesting! Should it be?

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 12:56 PM

James Thompson:
I don't think it's (NASB77) there! I've looked through my entire library (Platinum) using all the above suggestions and still can't find it. I even looked at the comparision page of various Logos packages and it's not even listed there. Interesting! Should it be?

The NASB (77) is from the Logos 2 days (or was it Logos 1?). I don't believe Logos has offered it for quite some time. Dale, who has been around since the Dead Sea was still  just sick Wink, has that old version. It is a separate resource and should show up in his library.

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:33 PM

It is in my Logos 4.

Posts 3677
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 3:23 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
The NASB (77) is from the Logos 2 days (or was it Logos 1?). I don't believe Logos has offered it for quite some time.

Yep. Users keep asking for it, but someone authoritative at Logos keeps telling us they aren't licensed to sell it any more. Only those who had it in an old collection should have to worry whether it's there.

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 28006
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 3:28 PM

Bill Stonebraker:
Users keep asking for it, but someone authoritative at Logos keeps telling us they aren't licensed to sell it any more.

Are you suggesting that we're seeing an accidental repeat of the Kindle faux pas?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3677
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 3:47 PM

MJ. Smith:
repeat of the Kindle faux pas?

Hi Martha,

Could be an accidental repeat...

(Took longer to figure out the reference to the Kindle faux pas, which didn't happen yesterday so I've slept since then Wink, than it did to write the rest of the post!)

I just remember a number of user requests over the years--users who didn't like the "revised" language parts of the 1995 update...

However, the Lockman folks wanted to emphasize sales of the 1995 version, not the 1972 version. So... (at least that's how I remember the story).

It seems to me like we haven't found a "stable" SR2 config yet. WIth 1.45Gb in the chute for download, I'm guessing they're part of the release, since I doubt anyone is in, today, & working on all these issues. Until all the downloads are complete, I'm not sure we know what we have.

Many blessings to you, & thanks for all you do for us!

Bill 

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 46
Dale Durnell, Retired | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 12:34 PM

I think I figured it out == I'm not quite as quick as I used to be (age I guess)

I have the older version of the NASB on this machine I'm on right now -- it's my laptop, and I'm away from home. The file exists in both my older L3/Resources folder, and my new L4/Resources.

However, on the desktop at the house, that I originally posted from) I did a complete reinstall when I put Windows 7 on an older XP workhorse. In doing so, I had installed L4 from a download, but I did not re-install L3 on that machine.

Apparently, L4 will not download the older 2 file system resources. However, it does find those resources on your machine (if they exist) and then copies them from the L3 directory to the L4 folder.

So, what I've done is to copy off all my 2 file resources from the older LLS system and put them on a thumb drive. When I get home, I'll move them off of my thumb drive to my desktop, and with any luck, a restart of L4 should (again) find those resources.

Blessings

Dale

Blessings,

Dale Durnell

Coming to you from Henryetta Oklahoma (45 miles south of Tulsa, and 85 miles east of OKC)

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 1:04 PM

Rev Dale L Durnell OSL:

I think I figured it out == I'm not quite as quick as I used to be (age I guess)

I have the older version of the NASB on this machine I'm on right now -- it's my laptop, and I'm away from home. The file exists in both my older L3/Resources folder, and my new L4/Resources.

However, on the desktop at the house, that I originally posted from) I did a complete reinstall when I put Windows 7 on an older XP workhorse. In doing so, I had installed L4 from a download, but I did not re-install L3 on that machine.

Apparently, L4 will not download the older 2 file system resources. However, it does find those resources on your machine (if they exist) and then copies them from the L3 directory to the L4 folder.

So, what I've done is to copy off all my 2 file resources from the older LLS system and put them on a thumb drive. When I get home, I'll move them off of my thumb drive to my desktop, and with any luck, a restart of L4 should (again) find those resources.

Blessings

Dale

The best way would be for Logos4 to scan your thumb drive for the files, rather than just installing them to the L4 resource folder. Or you could copy them to the L3 resource folder (if you plan to do that anyway), and have L4 scan that directory. On the command bar just type scan [resource path]. Easy as pie - not that I could ever make pie.

Posts 46
Dale Durnell, Retired | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 11:23 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Rev Dale L Durnell OSL:

Blessings

Dale

The best way would be for Logos4 to scan your thumb drive for the files, rather than just installing them to the L4 resource folder. Or you could copy them to the L3 resource folder (if you plan to do that anyway), and have L4 scan that directory. On the command bar just type scan [resource path]. Easy as pie - not that I could ever make pie.

Well, no joy :-(

I tired placing the lix and lsf files in the L4 resource folder -- nothing happened

I placed them in a Resources folder I created a folder in a Libronix DLS folder in my Program Files -- nothing happened

I tried "scan L:" and I tried "scan [L:]" -- nothing

I tried "can c:\program files\Libronix DLS\Resources" -- nothing

Alas, I've got access to my NASB on my laptop and I don't have access to that same resource on my desktop machine

I'm at a loss

Dale

P.S. Rich -- although I tried "scan" in the command bar, I find nothing in the help file that tells me this is a valid option, or what the syntax options are. Where do I go to dig a little deeper? TIA  

Blessings,

Dale Durnell

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 11:35 PM

Dale,

You wrote that your first step was to place the files in the L4 resources folder. After you saw that it didn't work, did you remove them from that folder before you scanned the other locations? I had the same issue as you a few weeks back (http://community.logos.com/forums/p/5049/39809.aspx#39809) where I also copied my LIX/LSF resources and pasted them directly into the L4 resource folder. After I saw that it didn't work, I deleted them from my L4 folder prior to scanning for them at a different location...

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 46
Dale Durnell, Retired | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 5:16 AM

Ah, it has now found the file -- after a system reboot, and restarting L4 a couple of times, it did go into its "preparing your library" and started reindexing.

So, it's back, and all is well.

Blessings to all and thanks

Dale

Blessings,

Dale Durnell

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS