Free from David C Cook

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 28 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 8 2014 10:28 AM

Francis Chan's "Multiply" is free for a number of e-readers today only.  Because this book is available from LOGOS, I will not post a link.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 676
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 10:46 AM

Maybe logos could offer it for free too!

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 11:00 AM

Robert Peters:

Sorry, no. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 11:51 AM

Thanks, Floyd!

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 11:55 AM

alabama24:

Robert Peters:

Sorry, no. 

Do you have some inside information? How can you be so certain that they can't/won't? Sometimes when they see our threads requesting that they match free or discounted offers from the publisher, they do.

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 12:18 PM

Rosie Perera:
How can you be so certain that they can't/won't?

Logos doesn't have a "price matching" program. They extend publisher offers in Vyrso when they are able to. Note: Those are PUBLISHER extended offers. Logos resources, on the other hand, are "value added" and come under different licensing agreements. As a fairly strong rule, you don't ever see these offers extended in Logos.

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 12:26 PM

alabama24:
Logos doesn't have a "price matching" program.

I know.

alabama24:

They extend publisher offers in Vyrso when they are able to. Note: Those are PUBLISHER extended offers.

That's what I thought this thread was a request for. You seemed so firm in your answer without explaining why you knew you could say that.

alabama24:
Logos resources, on the other hand, are "value added" and come under different licensing agreements.

That's what was missing in your first reply and explains it all. I didn't realize that Multiply was a Logos edition and not a Vyrso one. Many of Chan's other books are Vyrso titles, so I made the mistaken assumption this one was too.

Most of the time when people ask Logos for a freebie that is offered by publishers elsewhere it's on a Vyrso title. When Logos overlooks a publisher offer of a freebie, and users point it out on the Vyrso forum, as has happened a couple of times in the past, Logos has responded by offering it for free as well. It's not "price matching" -- just passing along the publisher's special deal. I thought that might be possible here too, but since it's a Logos edition, clearly that won't be happening.

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 12:43 PM

I assumed something too. Surprise

I assumed it was clear (but after re-reading, I know it was not) when Floyd said it was available from LOGOS. I knew him to mean "Logos edition" because 1) I own the resource and know its history and 2) I know that Floyd knows the drill. Smile

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 12:56 PM

alabama24:

I assumed something too. Surprise

And we know why we should never assume things, because it makes an a** out of u and me. Both guilty as charged. Smile

alabama24:

I assumed it was clear (but after re-reading, I know it was not) when Floyd said it was available from LOGOS.

I assumed he meant LOGOS the company, which puts out the Vyrso titles. Only he can tell us what he was really thinking, but if he knows the drill then he probably shouldn't have been asking for this. [EDIT: Oops, I just realized it wasn't he who was asking for it.]

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 3:21 PM

Floyd Johnson:
Francis Chan's "Multiply" is free for a number of e-readers today only.  Because this book is available from LOGOS, I will not post a link.

Bump - my only thought in posting this was to make others aware of the free book.  Because LOGOS and/or Vyrso offered the book, but not the deal, I posted information without giving a specific link.  Sorry for stirring up such a hoopla in the process.

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 169
Daniel NM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 3:30 PM

Floyd Johnson:

Thank you, Floyd, for bringing this publisher offer to our attention. CoolYes

<!-- -->

Posts 676
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 5:48 PM

To say logos NEVER price matches, that isn't true. Although they rarely do, it never hurts to ask. 

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 5:57 PM

Robert Peters:

To say logos NEVER price matches, that isn't true. Although they rarely do, it never hurts to ask. 

you have an example?

Posts 919
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 6:16 PM

alabama24:

Robert Peters:

you have an example?

I have a couple in my library Roll Eyes

Posts 676
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 6:21 PM

Cross of Christ by RC Sproul or his crucial Questions series

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 6:23 PM

alabama24:

Robert Peters:

you have an example?

I'm not Robert, but here are a couple of examples:

Thank you to the Vyrso team for correcting this situation. Big Smile

I see it now (https://vyrso.com/product/39860).  Thank you, Logos.

And a most striking example, straight from a Logos employee:

Paul-C:

It looks like Crossway have a sale on a few resources for Father's Day:

http://www.gospelebooks.net/discount-christian-ebooks/crossways-fathers-day-grab-bag.html?wt=2

Vyrso, could you please try and match these prices? Thanks.

Hi Paul! These prices are matched for the ones we have available on Vyrso–you can find them here: http://vyrso.com/products/search?Genre=Best+Deals&Publisher=Crossway&start=&sort=pricelo. Let me know if you have any more questions!

I seem to recall other instances where Brian was able to go to the publisher and quickly negotiate so that Vyrso could offer the same discount offered on Amazon (or close).

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 6:42 PM

Robert Peters:
Cross of Christ by RC Sproul or his crucial Questions series

I am unfamiliar with the first one. The second set doesn't count. Logos didn't offer those before, and the regular price is free. 

Rosie Perera:

I thought we had already figured this out Rosie... we are talking about price matching* LOGOS EDITION RESOURCES. I am unaware of this ever happening. 

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 6:45 PM

alabama24:

Rosie Perera:

I thought we had already figured this out Rosie... we are talking about price matching* LOGOS EDITION RESOURCES. I am unaware of this ever happening. 

Sorry. Once again I thought he was talking about Logos the company. I'll need to resist my urge to pipe up in every active thread. I'm clearly procrastinating on getting something else done. Embarrassed

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 7:13 PM

Rosie Perera:
Sorry. Once again I thought he was talking about Logos the company. I'll need to resist my urge to pipe up in every active thread. I'm clearly procrastinating on getting something else done. Embarrassed

On the other hand, Rosie, you are keeping the thread alive allowing more readers to stumble across this offer.  Thanks for helping me - even you are finding it difficult to communicate with alabama24.

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 7:27 PM

Good point Floyd. Smile

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS