WARNING: Logos May forget to replace (no longer update) Vyrso books!

Page 1 of 4 (77 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 76 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 12 2014 5:33 PM

Edit:

Everyone should be aware that Logos may no longer update Vyrso books when they are offered in Logos format. [I discovered 8 books that were not updated] They also [gave] no credit for Vyrso purchases. [These were] 8 Piper books [found in] the 39 vol. Piper Collection.

I am going to avoid purchasing Vyrso books in the future because of this. I am happy to take the free stuff however! Smile

Posts 8474
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 5:37 PM

So  you mean they will still upgrade the books with tagging and all, but they just won't upgrade our Vyrso books for free to the Logos version of the same book?

DAL

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 5:43 PM

I noticed this past week in 2 collections that contained books I originally bought in Vyros and were updated in Logos format (I have 2 copies), the Vyros conversions did not qualify for dynamic pricing. One was a 10 book set that I had 5 books but 3 were Vyros updates in Logos format so only credit for the other 2 were given. I passed on both collections (would have bought otherwise!)

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 5:48 PM

Is this true? I remember Logos policy differently.

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 5:52 PM

This seems rather foolish on Logos part... I can see them loosing lots of sales as some have pointed out they have skipped what they would otherwise have purchased... one hopes Logos does something about this soon.

-dan

Posts 5630
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 5:56 PM

Keith Larson:

Everyone should be aware that Logos no longer updates Vyrso books when they are offered in Logos format. They also give no credit for Vyrso purchases. I have 8 Piper books I am not being credited for in the 39 vol. Piper Collection.

I am going to avoid purchasing Vyrso books in the future because of this. I am happy to take the free stuff however! Smile

Did they tell you that?

Vyrso books have to be converted to Logos books manually when their counterpart arrives.  It's never been automatic in the past--we've had to remind Logos to do it from time to time.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5430
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 6:03 PM

Todd Phillips:

Did they tell you that?

Yeah, considering that I'm pretty sure someone from Logos (was it Bob?) said that Vyrso books would be updated to Logos for free if they became available, I'm going to wait for an official announcement before...drawing a conclusion.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 6:16 PM

Todd Phillips:

Did they tell you that?

Vyrso books have to be converted to Logos books manually when their counterpart arrives.  It's never been automatic in the past--we've had to remind Logos to do it from time to time.

No but I asked for a report on the 39 vol. Piper set and the 8 Vyrso books I own were all marked as False under "Owned". In addition, I looked up each in my library and all were marked "ebook" not "Logos edition". So clearly they were not being updated to Logos edition standard.

Posts 8474
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 6:23 PM

Keith Larson:

Todd Phillips:

Did they tell you that?

No but I asked for a report on the 39 vol. Piper set and the 8 Vyrso books I own were all marked as False under "Owned". In addition, I looked up each in my library and all were marked "ebook" not "Logos edition". So clearly they were not being updated to Logos edition standard.

Well, did you ask them to upgrade you to the Logos edition? If not, you should, because you might be assuming too much and as a result posting false information that is misleading others to believe something that has not been officially announced by Logos.  Just saying Wink

DAL

Posts 4158
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 6:24 PM

Keith - the only conclusion I can draw from that is that Logos hasn't, I wouldn't say they won't quite yet.

Maybe make a new thread with specific titles that need their edition changed ;)

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 4158
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 6:25 PM

My post for whatever reason didn't go through, but I agree with DAL. All we can say right now is that they haven't, saying they won't is taking some things for granted.

Suggest asking as my brother DAL here suggested.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 6:41 PM

I updated my original post.

In a past conversation with my sales rep I did know that changes are being made to Dynamic pricing. He mentioned no credit for "free" books in the future.

Seeing that others are having this problem, something is in the wind.

Posts 4158
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 6:52 PM

Books currently being (and sometimes recently) given away for free are usually valued at 0$ in dynamic pricing. Nothing really new there - and can you blame them? Once the price returns to normal, you receive the appropriately scaled discount.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 7:03 PM

abondservant:

Books currently being (and sometimes recently) given away for free are usually valued at 0$ in dynamic pricing. Nothing really new there - and can you blame them? Once the price returns to normal, you receive the appropriately scaled discount.

This is a reasonable policy. I think my rep's point was these were changes (plural) coming and one of those would be free book would never be counted for credit, not just for a short period of time.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 7:07 PM

Keith Larson:

In a past conversation with my sales rep I did know that changes are being made to Dynamic pricing. He mentioned no credit for "free" books in the future.

That has been the policy for a while now. We will not get credit for the free book-of-the-month, the Sproul freebies, or the Vyrso freebies.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2302
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 7:13 PM

This is the official word:

RayDeck3:

We have a standing promise to Vyrso customers that, if we convert any Vyrso title to a Logos resource, they will get the new, more extensively tagged edition for free.

To that end, we just completed a huge list of unlocks—resources that had been converted from Vyrso to Logos.

But I have a sneaking suspicion that a book or two may have fallen between the cracks. If you notice that you own a Vyrso book that is now available in Logos, and we neglected to unlock it for you, email customerservice[at]logos[dot]com, and we'll get it taken care of.

This post originally said that I could not find the post, but I had just not looked hard enough!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 7:28 PM

Super.Tramp:

Keith Larson:

That has been the policy for a while now. We will not get credit for the free book-of-the-month, the Sproul freebies, or the Vyrso freebies.

Just to be clear these 8 books were not free, I paid for them.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 7:40 PM

Here is the list of books:

Resource

Title

SRP   

Owned

LLS:SWTBTTRPRVDNC

A Sweet and Bitter   Providence: Sex, Race, and the Sovereignty of God

$11.95

False

LLS:BLOODLINES

Bloodlines: Race, Cross,   and the Christian

$18.95

False

LLS:FLLNGFFLCTCHRST

Filling up the Afflictions   of Christ: The Cost of Bringing the Gospel to the Nations in the Lives of   William Tyndale, Adoniram Judson, and John Paton

$13.95

False

LLS:JHNCLVNHMJSTYGD

John Calvin and His Passion   for the Majesty of God

$6.95

False

LLS:RTHNKNGRTRMNT

Rethinking Retirement:   Finishing Life for the Glory of Christ

$1.95

False

LLS:SPECTACULARSINS

Spectacular Sins: And Their   Global Purpose in the Glory of Christ

$10.95

False

LLS:PASTORASSCHOLAR

The Pastor as Scholar &   The Scholar as Pastor: Reflections on Life and Ministry

$10.95

False

LLS:THSMMNTRYMRRG

This Momentary Marriage: A   Parable of Permanence

$12.95

False

Posts 2302
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 7:52 PM

They are technically different books, so you will just need to call Logos.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 8:02 PM

I will be calling tomorrow, but everyone who purchases a Vyrso book, needs to be careful, in the best case scenario Logos simply failed to update, but to miss this many books indicates a high likelihood they are making similar mistakes with other people's accounts.

Page 1 of 4 (77 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS