My 4.0 won't function without being online?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27
Ronald Arndt | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:33 AM

We had alot of snow yesterday and the internet service was down for 8 hours, but my PC worked fine nevertheless.I just couldn't get online. Anyway, I wanted to start up my new 4.0 Libronix library which I had fully installed and had used prevoius to the internet disconnect. But the program wouldn't open up.It kept saying I had to be connected to the internet? Why is this, since this 4.0 is simply an upgrade to my 3.0 Gold library? So how do I fix this 4.0 program to function without having to be connected to the internet?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:42 AM

RonaldArndt:

We had alot of snow yesterday and the internet service was down for 8 hours, but my PC worked fine nevertheless.I just couldn't get online. Anyway, I wanted to start up my new 4.0 Libronix library which I had fully installed and had used prevoius to the internet disconnect. But the program wouldn't open up.It kept saying I had to be connected to the internet? Why is this, since this 4.0 is simply an upgrade to my 3.0 Gold library? So how do I fix this 4.0 program to function without having to be connected to the internet?

Logos 4 does not have to be connected to the internet to run. However, it must connect to do certain things: setup, synchronize, update, and maybe one or two other things I'm not thinking about right now.

I can't explain your issue without more information. Since you're connected to the internet now, has the issue gone away? Do you remember the exact message you got? If you set the Internet settings to no, can you still use it (Tools>Program Settings> Automatically Download Updates "No"; Use Internet "No")?

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:43 AM

Without seeing your log files, no one can say exactly what is causing the problem, but I can tell you this.

Logos 4 will work offline IF fully installed.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2750
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:46 AM

did you click the "work offline" button?

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 27
Ronald Arndt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 10:50 AM

yeah, I already had the work offline choice selected

Posts 2750
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 11:08 AM

sorry my friend, but someone had to ask the question.Stick out tongue

cant be a SR2 thing, cos used mine offline thismorning in Starbucks (mine doesnt have wifi)

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 8659
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 5:16 AM

Ronald,

Please follow the directions for Diagnostic Logging .  Then Uploading Logs .  We'll take a look and see if we can fix it. 

I can assure that Logos is supposed to work sans-net.  (The Internet- FAQ ).

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS